Engine Prod and HI Req (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

jcax101 -> Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 6:16:44 AM)

Are the rules accurate in saying that for an engine factory to produce, there must be an equivalent number of heavy industry points at the location?

So at Toyohara, the 80xMitsubishi Eng Factory can't produce a single engine until the heavy industry is expanded from 5 to 80 (or greater). Which means at least 80k of supplies and waiting until all the factories are expanded.

Say it isn't so! Or say a patch fixed this.

jcax101 -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 6:19:30 AM)

Or is it the HI in the pool (like the other manufacturing processes) that must be equal to the engine factory size? Did I answer my own question?

bilbow -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 7:59:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcax101

Or is it the HI in the pool (like the other manufacturing processes) that must be equal to the engine factory size? Did I answer my own question?

Depends on HI in the pool, not the hex. So yes, you answered it.

Mike Solli -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 4:48:29 PM)

Key point here: Make sure you keep a large pool of HI as long as possible. Once that pool is depleted, your production gets all screwed up, even though you may have sufficient oil & resource reserves.

Bradley7735 -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 5:27:22 PM)

If you want to expand HI a bit, it can be better to expand the smaller factories. The larger factories need more stockpiles of Oil to produce. It's better to have lots of small factories than to have a few very large factories.

foliveti -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 7:42:42 PM)

I have never played that far along as Japan, but my understanding is that as of the beginning of the game there is more HI capacity than there is HI requirement. This assumes that there is no HI requirement for aircraft factories, only for engine factories. I have seen things written both ways on this and am not sure which one is correct.

Mike Solli -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 8:57:54 PM)

Unless things have changed, HI is used for the following:

Aircraft factories (18/engine)
Engine factory (18/engine)
Vehicle factory (6 per factory point)
Armament factory (6 per factory point)
Shipyard (3 per shipyard point)
New industry (1 per point)

I'm not sure about Repair Shipyards....

tsimmonds -> RE: Engine Prod and HI Req (5/25/2005 9:14:12 PM)

Pretty sure repair shipyard points are free.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI