German translation? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

El Vis -> German translation? (5/25/2005 1:04:05 PM)

Will there be a german version/translation of the game?

If there will be no translation, is it possible to make a translation by users?
Comming from a german board mainly dealing with games like Paradox games, our members often translate such games.

kafka -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 1:25:50 PM)

Hi El Vis,

I, too, am a German speaker and an enthusiastic gamer of most of the paradox games. As for most of the games published by Matrixgames I do not think that there will be a localized version of the game. Some of them have a localized version, such as Uncommon Valor or Korsun Pocket. But even if this would happen one day, this will take quite a bit of time.

I'm going to download the original version of the game as soon as it is released, so I did with War an the Pacific. Most of the games published by Matrixgames are so unique and enjoy so good a support that I can do without any localization.

Anyway from what I read in this board so far, the game will be highly moddable so I think that the German community will be able to localize it too.

El Vis -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 1:34:23 PM)

That the language will perhaps be modabel are good News.
For most of our Members a translation is not really necessary too. But for a good game, with enough positive Feedback, we do this...well...just for fun.[:)]

OT:
If you like Paradox Games, please lett me invite you to our board at
http://www.si-games.com/forums/index.php?
With about 1800registered Users we are familiar with most posters. I am there the Victoria and Rome TW Mod. Nice atmosphere garantued.

kafka -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 1:47:22 PM)

OK, great site, I'll keep to it.

What do you think of imperial glory or supreme ruler 2010? I'm playing my second campaign of IG and I enjoy it a lot. SR2010 seems to have the potential to become a real great game, as least judging from what I read in their forum. Unfortunately it is not yet availbale in EU.

What is your RTW mod about?

El Vis -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 2:12:43 PM)

I havent played IG and know nearly nothing about Supreme Ruler.
With IG I want to wait till enough feedback is available. Till now the Feedback is mixed and on the IG board with a slightly negative tendency. But it seems to be not really bad, so I probably will buy it in the future.

There are many RTW mods. Most are known from other FanForums, like the famous Total Realism Mode. One of our Mods is a mix mostly from other Mods. Please the Readmes for more Info. Personally I play without Mods. Iam no Moder, only Moderator.[;)]
My favourite is still Victoria.
One Member posted a link to the Homepage of "Crown of Glory" and from the detailed Featurelist there I think it could become a very Interesting Game fitting the interests of our Board very well.
Seems like Matrix work with lot of Patches too, like Paradox. But as Paradoxplayers we are proofed to be patient with such policies.[;)]
But I hope Crown of Glory will be playable and mostly balanced out of the Box.

Iam not very familiar with Matrix Games. Played a bit Steel Panthers and reading interessting After Action Reports about War in the Pacific are all my Experiences with their games.

kafka -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 3:24:19 PM)

I suggest downloading the SR2010 demo from their site. It is fully functional and includes 3 scenarios and 2 missions. If you want to read some feedback you may also look at their forum as well as at the general dicussion forum here.

I like the strategic part of IG, especially the detailed diplomatic model. In comparison to RTW, the tactical part falls behind, not so much because of the grafics but it lacks the control you have in RTW through the pause function.

Crown of glory introduces something really new, as I do not know any other game which combines the strategic with the operational aspect.

ericbabe -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 9:48:27 PM)

Thanks for the question about a German translation.

We tried to have a German translation in time for release, but couldn't find a translator willing to work for a payment that would be delayed till such time as we receive royalties from COG sales.

Much of the game text is in data files that can be translated directly to German, but there are some thousand-or-so phrases and words that appear in-game. I'd be more than happy to make the string table public if people want to break it into parts and work on translations. If we do this, I would need to build a new version of the main exe file for each language supported.

The map text is a bit more work. The source file is an enormous photoshop file. We could perhaps release a blank version onto which translated text would be placed.

Eric

sterckxe -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 10:01:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe
Much of the game text is in data files that can be translated directly to German, but there are some thousand-or-so phrases and words that appear in-game. I'd be more than happy to make the string table public if people want to break it into parts and work on translations.

Very much appreciated - I expect a lot of French intrest for this game, so you might find some people willing to do the translation.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

ericbabe -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 10:24:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

Much of the game text is in data files that can be translated directly to German, but there are some thousand-or-so phrases and words that appear in-game. I'd be more than happy to make the string table public if people want to break it into parts and work on translations.

Very much appreciated - I expect a lot of French intrest for this game, so you might find some people willing to do the translation.

We plan to release the game with a French version. The French translation is finished, including a separate French-language map with the text added graphically by our artist Mr Barish, and so a French version will almost certainly be included in the release version of "Crown of Glory."

Eric

Mr. Z -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 10:39:39 PM)

And then there's the manual...

(French version will have a French-language manual...sans table of contents, I believe)

sterckxe -> RE: German translation? (5/25/2005 10:50:41 PM)

quote:

We plan to release the game with a French version. The French translation is finished, including a separate French-language map with the text added graphically by our artist Mr Barish, and so a French version will almost certainly be included in the release version of "Crown of Glory."

Week after week I'm getting pleasantly surprised by something or other in this game.

Looking forward to it

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

ericbabe -> RE: German translation? (5/26/2005 2:01:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Z

And then there's the manual...

(French version will have a French-language manual...sans table of contents, I believe)

I believe it shall have a table of contents!

Eric

El Vis -> RE: German translation? (5/26/2005 2:06:36 AM)

@Eric
You have a PM about the translation topic

El Vis -> RE: German translation? (5/26/2005 12:41:26 PM)

Wow. I have enough Helpers now. Over 10 Members registered to make the german translation. So we are enough people to make a staff for quality control too.

http://www.si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8950

We can start whenever you want.[:)]

Baron Hendrik -> RE: German translation? (5/28/2005 4:46:32 PM)

So, do you need some people or...?

Timme -> RE: German translation? (6/8/2005 4:10:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baron Hendrik

So, do you need some people or...?

Well, without some statement from the dev-team regarding our translation offer there is little point in rallying an "official" team.
As of now i doubt, that this game had any reasonable publicity in Germany,
but yesterday the forum where i usually reside, and where El Vis found the potential members for a translation, opened up a new subsection dedicated to CoG. So i assume that Strategycon will be one of the first german Online Communities for Crown of Glory. The recruiting thread hasn't been transfered to the new subforum till now, but i am sure, that the whole process would gain new momentum, if the people from west civ. would tell us if our offer is still in demand.

El Vis -> RE: German translation? (6/8/2005 1:35:12 PM)

Till now we have also two Betatesters from CoG in our Community.
Doing their best to make a bit publicity for CoG.
Perhaps we will organize a Community Order for the date of release cause it could become hard to get the game in European Stores. We made same things with Paradox in the past. Also having a CreditCard is in Germany not as usual as in the USA or elsewhere.

Baron Hendrik -> RE: German translation? (6/8/2005 3:22:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Vis
Doing their best to make a bit publicity for CoG.

Thank you, I am Canaris[:)]. I completly agree with your and Timmes post.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI