Mining ports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

DerJimbo -> Mining ports (6/6/2005 7:02:02 PM)

Hello to all.

I'm a relatively new player (Allied), although I did own Pacific War way back when. Anyway, I'm still feeling my way around the mechanics of this game, and I have a question about laying mines in friendly port hexes. I've tried to do this several times, with MLs and DMs, and I can't seem to get these ships to put mines in a friendly port hex (e.g., Pearl Harbor). I've tried both "retirement allowed" and "patrol/do not retire" orders, but no luck. I can get them to lay mines in a hex NEXT to a friendly base hex, but not in the hex itself.

What do I need to do? [&:]

Sardaukar -> RE: Mining ports (6/6/2005 7:07:53 PM)

When minelaying target (destination) hex and home port cannot be same. You need to "play around" with that a bit, mainly changing your home port to other base while trying to mine same port your TF is created in.

Of course you'll have to return the TF back manually during next turn, since it'll obviously sail to new home port after accomplishing it's mission.

DerJimbo -> RE: Mining ports (6/6/2005 7:21:45 PM)

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI