West Coast to Karachi (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

MarcA -> West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:01:32 PM)

Hi all,

is there a way to order units from the West Coast to Karachi, and vica versa, using off board movement?

Thanks in adavnce

Marc

wild_Willie2 -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:05:03 PM)

Change command of west coast units to SE asia, doesn't work for AC and it doesn't work visa versa.

Terminus -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:32:02 PM)

I think he means can you magic a unit from San Francisco to Karachi without crossing the whole map? And the answer is no.

CapAndGown -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:34:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I think he means can you magic a unit from San Francisco to Karachi without crossing the whole map? And the answer is no.

Actually, the answer is yes. Just do what Wild_Willie said.

Terminus -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:36:27 PM)

Exsqueeze me?!?!!?!?!?!?!

CapAndGown -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:38:23 PM)

Change a unit on the west coast to SE Asia command. It should dissappear and show up as a reenforcement for Karachi in 60 days.

Terminus -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:39:25 PM)

But not aircraft? Then what's the point?

rtrapasso -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 10:52:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

But not aircraft? Then what's the point?

Well, if you have the PP, time (60 days or so), but your shipping is tied up, and you are worried about India, this is just the ticket!

Terminus -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/7/2005 11:03:36 PM)

I guess...

Andy Mac -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 12:09:42 AM)

I would like it to apply to aircraft as well but in general it is only really usefull if the Japanese are blockading the West Coast ports which they can do.

Or if you need to send a few cheap units to India i.e. Seabees or some of those West Coast inf units

doktorblood -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 12:59:12 AM)

Using West Coast air groups is cheating[:'(]

Andy Mac -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 1:02:07 AM)

Huh ?

bradfordkay -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 7:51:13 AM)

This process only works for land units, not for air or naval units, therefore you can't do it with the air units from the West Coast HQ (those that IRL went to Europe, thus it would be "cheating" to use them).

Andy Mac -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 1:18:10 PM)

Surely thats what PP points are for if you pay the cost you can use the units.

Otherwise it would be "cheating" for the IJA to use units from Manchuria/ China under the same logic.

Terminus -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 1:35:22 PM)

And it patently isn't. You pays your PP's, and takes your chances.

Griswel -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 3:13:39 PM)

The great thing about the West Coast Karachi transfer, as I understand it, is that it includes fixed coastal guns as well.

michaelm75au -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 3:19:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Griswel

The great thing about the West Coast Karachi transfer, as I understand it, is that it includes fixed coastal guns as well.

Hi

Yes it does but it should not >really< be transfering a static unit {unless you make the transfer time a couple of years to represent tearing up old the old emplacements/etc, and rebuilding them in karachi[:D]}.

Michael

Lrfss -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/8/2005 10:53:13 PM)

Sure seems to me that we should be able to transfer Air Units just the same as LCU's.... After all why not?

Lrfss

Rob322 -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/9/2005 12:29:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lrfss

Sure seems to me that we should be able to transfer Air Units just the same as LCU's.... After all why not?

Lrfss

I thought under new 1.5 games, SE Asia air reinforcements from the US were supposed to start in Karachi (whereas before they arrived in SF)

Bodhi -> RE: West Coast to Karachi (6/9/2005 12:38:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob322
I thought under new 1.5 games, SE Asia air reinforcements from the US were supposed to start in Karachi (whereas before they arrived in SF)

The "What's New" for 1.5 has the following in the database changes section:

quote:

4) Changed all USAAF Air groups set to arrive as reinforcements (Groups arriving after 3/42) for
SEAC to arrive in Karachi instead of US west coast. (Groups flying the Trans Africa route to get
to India) all scenarios that apply.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI