RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

ilovestrategy -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (6/27/2005 2:53:20 AM)

OMG!!!!! [X(] I was so happy to see this thread. I bought Civ II when it first came out and it has been my favorite ever since. I tried Civ 3 but it doesnt have the same feel of balance that CivII does. My favorite goverenment is the communists. Just put some troops in your cities and "teach" the citizens how to be content! [:D] And thanks for those new graphics! [&o]

ravinhood -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (6/28/2005 12:36:22 AM)

I think if you notice the timeline in Civ III is faster than in Civ II also, so it seems like your rushing the whole game to get to that next tech. Plus as mentioned the AI just isn't aggressive enough in Civ III as it is in Civ II, even if you do only get 6 or 7 computer AI opponents. If Civ II just had some of the things Civ III had like more AI opponents and that resource trading feature that would be great enhancements to it, but, the rest they should have just left alone. Oh and those Heroes were pretty kewl in Civ III also. But, Civ II just still offers more overall, especially in the challenge level of the AI as far as war goes, maybe not as far as being overall challenging by the added cheats it gets in Civ III's highest difficulty.

Bodhi -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (9/25/2005 2:59:48 PM)

After finally locating my CivII CD to do an install, I've found that the graphics file is no longer available from the URL supplied. Anyone kind enough to send me a copy? Thanks.

Pippin -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (9/26/2005 1:51:00 AM)

quote:

Same with Panzer General II. Here is a game that could have had it all, if only SSI had improved upon this version of the game. I love the maps, units, battles, etc. Pity, that there is no game currently being made that is similar to PG2. I would like to see an improved PG2 which has bigger maps, a strategy map, naval warfare (like Pacific General), and an event system (like Civ2), etc...

Aye, the last two PG versions were so bugged, it was not very pretty. Life just sucks when you are trying to avoid certain maps in a campaign, etc, because otherwise you will face a locked up game and crash to desktop. And thanks for not even giving us a damn friggen patch that works right!

Gota love it when spin off titles hit the shelves...

As for Civ, I finally was able to uninstall it. I won't be re-installing for a few more years. I've wasted too much time into it.

Warfare1 -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (10/13/2005 6:38:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

After finally locating my CivII CD to do an install, I've found that the graphics file is no longer available from the URL supplied. Anyone kind enough to send me a copy? Thanks.

Bodhi:

The download link is now working.

Please go to the first post in this thread and download the NEW graphics for Civ2.

This is now v1.1 - I altered the units file slightly.

Bodhi -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (10/13/2005 11:59:01 PM)

Thanks Warfare1, got it.

Warfare1 -> RE: **New Civ2 MGE Graphics Now Available** (10/14/2005 12:06:10 AM)

Have fun!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI