Ship repair (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Terminus -> Ship repair (6/11/2005 2:32:31 AM)

The situation: Prince of Wales (sys 17) and Indomitable (sys 43) are anchored in Colombo (repair shipyard 40). Neither has shown any sign of decreasing their damage for several turns. It's especially the lack of progress with the Indomitable that's annoying me. I've tried sending it to Bombay as well, and let it be the only ship anchored there, but no dice.

My question is this: does the game have a routine to determine which ship gets repaired first?

RUPD3658 -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 2:49:37 AM)

By anchored do you mean in a TF or in port and not in a TF? You must disolve the TF in port to get the benifit of a repair yard.

Halsey -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 2:52:55 AM)

Turns![:D]
You need to think in weeks when it comes to repairing major damage.
17 system, up to 2 months. 43 system, up to six months.
Depends on your repair die rolls.
If you have Naval HQ's, AR's and such, they will help to repair faster.

The larger the shipyard, the better the repair rate.
The larger the port, the better the repair rate.
Upgrades only happen at shipyards. Etc, etc, etc...[:D]

Anchored ships will repair. Although a lot slower.
Right. Disbanded is better.

kaleun -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 4:39:59 AM)

And if you really need the ship there is annoyance factor #17 \: probability of repair = 1/need*tonnage[8|]

Halsey -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 5:07:07 AM)

[:D][:D][:D]

Terminus -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 12:43:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

And if you really need the ship there is annoyance factor #17 \: probability of repair = 1/need*tonnage[8|]

That's frickin' excellent, kaleun!![:D][:D][:D]

By "anchored" I meant disbanded into the port; it's just strange that it has to take maybe six months for the Indomitable to return to service. I mean, it's early may 1942, and the surviving battleships of Pearl Harbour have been almost fully repaired from much, MUCH worse damage.

Brausepaul -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 2:31:16 PM)

Too bad that I can't find this wonderful thread about ship repair. Right now I don't know when it's worth to send a ship to a place with a bigger repair yard.

Terminus -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 5:05:00 PM)

Well, it looks like the shipyard workers at Colombo have picked up their tools and gotten back to work: the Prince of Wales is down to sys 16, and the Indomitable to sys 40.

At this rate, they'll be ready for action around VJ day...[:'(]

Skyros -> RE: Ship repair (6/11/2005 6:57:53 PM)

I believe that ships with high durabilies have less of a chance to repair. The manual says If the shipyards unused repair points is greater than the durability of the ship being repaired then the rate is doubled and repair points equal to the durability of the ship are expended.

Here's a link to a good discussion.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=861064&key=ship%2Crepair

Tom Hunter -> RE: Ship repair (6/12/2005 4:18:34 AM)

I did some data review on ship repairs in various port sizes and posted analysis back in the later winter/early spring if you want to look it up.

If you don't the answer is get the CV to Pearl.

17 points might be faster at Columbo, but anything much over 25 will get back in the game faster if you move it to Pearl or San Francisco.

This goes for capital ships by the way, cruisers and smaller repair at a decent rate of speed in India.

Terminus -> RE: Ship repair (6/12/2005 2:34:49 PM)

I think I'll keep the Indomitable in Colombo. It's sys damage is finally dropping, and sending it on a loooooooong trip to Pearl or SF runs the risk of inflicting further damage from wear and tear, not to mention fatal damage from Jap subs. No thanks! The Illustrious just showed up, so the Brits are back up to two carriers anyway.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI