Strange LCU Movement and Combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Caltone -> Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/11/2005 10:32:36 PM)

My partner and I upgraded to 1.51 about 3 weeks into our PBEM. Fairly soon I noticed some strange behaviour that I first thought was my mistake.

I was laying siege to San Marcilano (sp) the coastal base on the east coast of Luzon, and some of my units launched a shock attack. I was pretty sure I hadn't ordered it as some of the force was still moving into place. In fact I felt confident I had ordered bombardment. Next round some more units move in and another shock attack by some of the units there. By now my units are mostly worn down and I put them all on defense to try and rest a little. I guessed I had somehow ordered shock attack without meaning to. Next turn I've got an army moving to Changsa from Wuhan, following an HQ. One of the small eng units appears 1 hex north of Changsa this turn and launches a shock attack on 3 Chinese corps [X(]

Anyone else noticed stuff like this? We've got a few of the turns if needed.

Nomad -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/11/2005 10:47:31 PM)

Are these units crossing rivers? I think they were going to fix that( they tried in the 1.5 patch but it didn't take )
(( I think Nik broke it [:)] )) in 1.51. [:D]

Mr.Frag -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/11/2005 10:55:23 PM)

Yep, River Hex assault finally working as designed. One thing I do need to point out ... you state you have units following an HQ unit ... never do that as a HQ unit can *not* lead the charge over a river. Just an FYI for you.

spence -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/12/2005 6:06:48 AM)

In a game vs the AI as Allies I recently had the 2 PI Infantry Divs in Naga attack the Japanese SNLF unit that had moved into the hex and force it to retreat to Legaspi.
On the following turn elements of a Japanese artillery unit and a Japanese Mortar Battalion landed at Naga. They immediately retreated to Legaspi without combat.
Somehow it seems to me that I should have had a chance to beat them up a bit before they got away.

durnedwolf -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/12/2005 10:55:54 AM)

Ver 1.52 In game I'm playing as Japan with Allies AI:

On turn 1 my troops @ Wake did a shock attack after I had ordered a deliberate attack. I went back to the saved game to confim the deliberate attack order. Played it again and they performed a shock attack again.

Caltone -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/12/2005 6:08:54 PM)

Thanks for the responses. I must've missed something along the way in the updates about the river crossing. It certainly makes sense and thanks Frag for suggesting that I not lead with an HQ unit. Before this feature was working I usually tried to find the slowest unit and that sometimes was an HQ. I'll chalk it up to me not being aware for now and continue to monitor. The eng unit that left the pack and moved north instead of west still baffles me though. Again maybe I messed that up, but I don't think so.

From the other responses, perhaps there may be an issue? Lets keep monitoring and report back anything that looks odd.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/12/2005 6:47:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf
On turn 1 my troops @ Wake did a shock attack after I had ordered a deliberate attack. I went back to the saved game to confim the deliberate attack order. Played it again and they performed a shock attack again.

Wake is an atoll, they have to do a shock attack when they land - both sides are right on top of each other. Have you ever seen a wake landing _not_ do a shock attack?

Regards,

- Erik

Halsey -> RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat (6/12/2005 7:56:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf

Just my opinion but, I think all invasions should have at least the first turn as shock attacks.[;)]

The two day wait against invasions is nonsense. I bet The Canadians would've liked this ruling at Dieppe.[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI