Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

afdave -> Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (6/14/2005 5:09:33 PM)

Just an update, from what I've heard from people at the Arenabowl, the EA release of Arena Football will only be on XBox and PS2.

Which means that MaxFB will still have the "market" on "indoor" football for PC gamers.

Unfortunately, I think EA will play "hardball" with their AFL licence, even if they aren't using it to make a PC game. Otherwise, I'd think Dave could try to see if the AFL would want to licence their specific rules (the nets, etc) for use in MaxFB (or a 2nd edition/upgrade mode).

Magnum357 -> RE: Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (6/15/2005 7:04:11 AM)

In my personal opinion, I prefer Indoor Football rules over Arena rules so its no big lose for me. I personally think the rebound nets in the Arena system are silly. Besides, with Indoor rules, Dave doesn't have to worry about those patents that the AFL has on its game.

JPuhala -> RE: Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (6/16/2005 8:53:05 AM)

the game will be available on PC...

afdave -> RE: Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (6/17/2005 4:49:25 PM)

Where did you hear that, because I've heard from more than one source who was at the EA demo at the Arenabowl that they only said it would be out for the PS and Xbox. No Gamecube or PC versions.

If you are going by links on video game websites, those are not official, they are just guesses by IGN, etc, as to what systems a game will come out in.

JPuhala -> RE: Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (7/3/2005 9:17:13 PM)

on the adds during the Arena Bowl it showed the PC logo

Tbird -> RE: Update on Arena Football 2006 as a competator (7/23/2005 11:02:48 PM)

According to this article the game is only for PS2 and Xbox

I dunno if thats the ad they ran on the Arena Bowl commercial but it doesn't show it
http://games.channel.aol.com/videos.adp?gameID=27709

Anyways it's a seperate game so you won't get everything in one bundle

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI