SP Manager Rev3 Run-Time-Error 53! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

BlitzSS -> SP Manager Rev3 Run-Time-Error 53! (10/24/2000 10:38:00 PM)

After installing SPManager3rev on 3 different machines I get: Run-time-error '53' File not Found. I would like to have a tool to manage scenarios. Is this the tool that everyone else is using, and if so did you experience any difficulties getting it to run?

Pack Rat -> (10/27/2000 11:11:00 PM)

It's the tool I use and believe a good number of others. What is your operating system ( Win95,98,98se,Me,etc. )? How are you opening it? Short cut on desk top or starting from the start directory? If from a short cut whats you target? ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

BlitzSS -> (10/28/2000 1:05:00 AM)

All 3 of my CPUs have different operating systems 95,98, and NT4.0 svc pk4. To run the exe I've been using the default install location: -START-PROGRAMS- and then SPManager and the little tank icon. It is here when I click on it that I get this run time error file not found. I've tried installing the prog in my own directories and leaving everything on default. I'll see if you guys can enlighten me and then I'll try to install it again and let you know.

BlitzSS -> (10/31/2000 1:00:00 AM)

Here are the snags: #1. You have to launch it with Windows Explorer. #2. It did not like me to pick my own path on a 2nd partition. I will have two more chances to play with this installation and I will update any new findings, so no one else has to have all the fun I had. Now I just need to learn how to use it. I noticed that the source brings up more data such as maps or campaigns then the destination??? Also, I take it that SPWAW is selected as other rather then SP1 or SP2. Why it differentiates between them I haven’t figured out just yet. ------------------ Old gamers never die, young ones do.

Reg -> (12/2/2000 6:42:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by BlitzSS: I noticed that the source brings up more data such as maps or campaigns then the destination???
This is just the listview filter at work. The source can be any file name (so the list displays all available files) but after transfer the output files are legal scenario filenames only so all non-legal ones (ie not scenarios) are filtered out to prevent confusion.
quote:

Also, I take it that SPWAW is selected as other rather then SP1 or SP2. Why it differentiates between them I haven’t figured out just yet.
This is a very useful utility that has been around for ages but is still in use because it works (though it could do with an update). Yes, use the 'Other' selection. SP1 had (still has) limitations on which slots you can and cannot use. This feature is designed to prevent you doing the wrong thing accidentally. It has no effect on SPWaW except masking off some locations you could have used. Reg.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI