4.5 wont run past turn two, menu dies, then game dies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> 4.5 wont run past turn two, menu dies, then game dies (12/29/2000 11:12:00 PM)

hey I have been running Steel Panthers long enough to be firmly addicted to it. Started with original commercial software. Went to 4.1 through 4.2 through 4.3. I KNOW all this software runs on my computer (as I played the game constantly). Made the error of deleting it in favour of a fresh install. I had a burned cd (that runs on friends computer) with 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 on it. I cant get it to run now. So I downloaded 4.5 Exact same problem is cursing me now. Game runs for 2 turns, then my menu (the menu of the right of the game while playing) disappears, and the game comes to a great big halt. Any ideas out there? My computer DOES run Steel Panthers, so I havent a clue what is wrong. OH and warning!, I am the furthest thing from a computer geek, so keep comments pitifully obvious and simple please. Oh and I am online almost all the time, so I can respond fairly quickly. ------------------ Winning all the time is as boring as losing all the time

BlitzSS -> (12/30/2000 12:02:00 PM)

I haven't heard of this one before. Are you patching up a full Version to get to 4.5?

Paul Vebber -> (12/30/2000 10:59:00 PM)

How much memory do you have? And how much free space on your HD?

Maverick -> (1/10/2001 1:32:00 PM)

Greetings, No offence ment Sarge, but I am really glad to see you have this problem. I was worried it might be just me! Mine is only version 4, and it looses all buttons and keyboard responses, yes? I am running a PII 233 w/32meg. Like you, I too have had SP from the first comercial release. I have a couple of gig free, so dead end there. Any ideas anyone? %^) ------------------

BlitzSS -> (1/12/2001 2:08:00 AM)

I RX an email from Les and was told that after she had DL'd the latest Norton's Anti Virus DEF and cleaned it up the HD, that everything now runs fine. I should add that people should post what fixed their aliments so that others with the same problem can find solutions.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI