Agincourt revisited (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

nukkxx5058 -> Agincourt revisited (6/19/2005 11:33:48 AM)

Hi,
two questions linked with this scenario:

I play WP.

1) why does WP starts with the full red voctory bar ?
2) SU 25 flight 1 and 2 are not usable due to poor visibility. Is visibility random ?

thanks

CapnDarwin -> RE: Agincourt revisited (6/19/2005 3:58:06 PM)

nukkxx,

1. For some reason NATO is not getting credit for having any units in sector 2 so WP is getting the points by default sending the VP bar all red. Looks like a glitch with the scenario. I'll check with Rob and look deeper into it too.

2. In the realism options there is a checkbox for random weather. If it is check it is possible to have bad weather that keeps those jets on the ground.

Thanks for the inputs.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Agincourt revisited (6/19/2005 6:12:23 PM)

nukkxx,

I could only get the red 99% bar is playing head to head. It is some weird glitch and Rob is now aware of it. I could not repeat this when playing the AI on either side. What is you setup like?

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Agincourt revisited (6/19/2005 8:32:56 PM)

Capn Darwin,

When I play NATO against WP AI the bar starts at 50%. The 99% red bar is only when I play WP against AI Nato.

What setup would you like to know ? realism ?

I have checked on both side:
-individual sighting
-doctrine editable
-use stealth
-allow staff request FSCC

also I have:

-allow variable weather
-medium elec. warefare intensity

Does this help or do you need other information ?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Agincourt revisited (6/19/2005 11:07:26 PM)

nukkxx,

I get the same thing. I have Rob alerted to the issue. The program is not counting the NATO units in the sector. That may be a fog of war thing too. We'll look into it. Thanks for the info.

IronManBeta -> RE: Agincourt revisited (6/20/2005 4:02:26 AM)

I have looked at this now and I think this result, while odd, is as intended. If you are playing with fog of war on and enemy untis are not automatically spotted then it is important for the supporting screens like the Staff Report to not give away any info that is not already known. In this case absolutely no NATO units have been spotted so it is logical to give the WP player the 150 VPs for 'clearing' sector 2 because as far as the Soviet player knows there are indeed no NATO units in that sector. That is just the way the rules work. I would rather have a thorough implementation of fog of war then to open up a big hole in it for the sake of this one little thing.

This can be a little confusing but you should bear in mind that the VP tally on the Staff Report screen and also the little VP bar on the main main screen are an indication of how 'you think you are doing so far'. It is not 'how you are really doing so far', in the sense that unspotted units can swing the results big time and you won't know it until those units are revealed. That may not even happen until the game ends.

When playing the Soviet against the NATO AI and you have a 99% red bar, all that means is that things *look* good so far. A seasoned player will regard that with a jaundiced eye and wait until closer to the end of the game before he starts to worry about it too much!

Hope this helps explain it, cheers, Rob.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI