Help!! Can't play SPWAW H2H on home LAN (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Gary -> Help!! Can't play SPWAW H2H on home LAN (2/11/2001 10:36:00 AM)

Help! I've to home built systems networked with linksys PCI ethernet cards and 5 port hub (no firewall). Running Win98 on both machines. Version 4.5 of SPWAW. Systems connect, "client" is able to watch "hosts" moves on clients computer, even able to execute op-fire etc. Problem occurs as soon as hosts turn 1 is over and clients turn 1 should begin. Rec message waiting to sync. and after a wait host computer locks up and client displays message "connection with server lost". End of game. I've tried everything. Assigned IP addresses to each computer. TCP/IP selected as default protocal. Both systems can ping each others address fine. Heck I even called Microsoft and asked their tech people to check my network settings (they say I'm fine) but I'm still unable to play this fine game H2H past player 1's turn 1. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kharan -> (2/13/2001 5:28:00 AM)

I haven't got a clue, but here's some things to try... -Make sure DNS and WINS are disabled and subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0 for both computers. Also remove IPX, Netbeui or other protocols you may have. -Connect directly without the hub, with a BNC or a reversed RJ-45 cable. -See if SPWAW v4.4 does the same thing. -Set the game host as player 2. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited February 12, 2001).]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI