Beach maps...One quick question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

TotenkopfZZ -> Beach maps...One quick question (4/25/2001 12:23:00 AM)

Is there a trick to getting the "make 1/2 the map beach" button to work? I want to use this option so we can use all the landing craft. Everytime I use it it just locks up the system and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it. Is there a work around to get all the large landing ships etc? :confused:

john g -> (4/25/2001 6:12:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ: Is there a trick to getting the "make 1/2 the map beach" button to work? I want to use this option so we can use all the landing craft. Everytime I use it it just locks up the system and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it. Is there a work around to get all the large landing ships etc? :confused:
What version of W@W are you using and on what sort of machine? It has worked fine for me since v1.0 all the way to the V4.3b that I run now. I have pretty average computer except the 192 meg of ram and 256 meg fixed swapfile which give me plenty of room to run the program in. thanks, John.

TotenkopfZZ -> (4/25/2001 6:25:00 AM)

I have 800 mhz, 128 RAM, 32MB vid. SP:WAW 4.5 I have discovered since posting that it does work if I use the standard small, med, or large map size...but not if I try a custom size larger than the large map. Another aspect that I cant figure out is when the assault starts from water only, how can I get my Para's into the planes when everything is auto loaded before I start the deploy? Do I have to make sure there is a small strip of land so I can do it manually? Thanks.

john g -> (4/28/2001 12:38:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ: I have 800 mhz, 128 RAM, 32MB vid. SP:WAW 4.5 I have discovered since posting that it does work if I use the standard small, med, or large map size...but not if I try a custom size larger than the large map. Another aspect that I cant figure out is when the assault starts from water only, how can I get my Para's into the planes when everything is auto loaded before I start the deploy? Do I have to make sure there is a small strip of land so I can do it manually? Thanks.
The way I did it was load the paras on the planes before changed the map to beach. I was doing a German drop on the Suda Bay area of Crete making the departure from history in that the troops did make it via the sea. I had the para assault part of the battle done and tested before I added the assault on the coast. Just don't decide to add more paras since they will show up in landing craft once you add the beach. thanks, John.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI