Best setup for balance for two players (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Reverend Zombie -> Best setup for balance for two players (6/22/2005 6:28:17 PM)

Assuming we want to play a historical scenario, how is balance best achieved in a two- (human) player game?

Can the same player control multiple nations? If not, which two countries provide the best game experience for two players?

Can a human player fight the detailed battles on behalf of a computer ally even if the human's nation has no units present in the battle? How about for a neutral computer player that is being fought by the opposing human?

Many thanks!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Best setup for balance for two players (6/23/2005 2:50:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reverend Zombie
Assuming we want to play a historical scenario, how is balance best achieved in a two- (human) player game?

I always like France - England, but I'm not an authority on scenario balance. Eric, Mr. Z or Steve should have a better idea on the best match-ups, particularly where multiple human players are involved.

quote:

Can the same player control multiple nations? If not, which two countries provide the best game experience for two players?

Controlling multiple nations is fine.

quote:

Can a human player fight the detailed battles on behalf of a computer ally even if the human's nation has no units present in the battle? How about for a neutral computer player that is being fought by the opposing human?

Don't think so on either - the computer has to fend for itself in these cases.

Thanks for your interest. [:)]

Regards,

- Erik

Mr. Z -> RE: Best setup for balance for two players (6/23/2005 4:51:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

Can the same player control multiple nations?

Controlling multiple nations is fine.

Is this still possible in multiplayer? I know it's possible in single-player...

quote:

If not, which two countries provide the best game experience for two players?

The four most important nations are France, Britain, Austria, and Russia. Any two of these played against each other would be a good game. France vs. Britain and France vs. Russia are all good. France vs. Austria is a favorite of mine, but I admit Austria usually needs an ally to defeat France. Other combos--Austria vs. Russia, for example, or Britain vs. Austria--could be good, but I haven't tried them all.

You could also try a match-up using the lesser powers--Prussia, Spain, Ottomans, and Sweden. One of those versus another would be interesting.

quote:

quote:

Don't think so on either - the computer has to fend for itself in these cases.

I believe Eric answered this on another thread--no, it's true that you can't control the battles of computer-controlled nations, whether allied or not.

ericbabe -> RE: Best setup for balance for two players (6/24/2005 3:41:34 AM)

You can control multiple nations in m-player.

You can't control AI units (with some caveats).

Eric

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI