Game won't start - No errors. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

JakBot -> Game won't start - No errors. (5/9/2001 3:32:00 PM)

I Downloaded spwaw last night and installed it. I'm going to be as presice as i can: Downloaded it. Unzipped. Ran the exe, it gave the crc error in the video file as it did for many else. I rebooted as it requested. I DBLClicked the icon on the desktop. I clicked 'Play Worlds at War' it gave this ratatatata sound, and loaded for 1,5sec and nothing. waited for a while, pressed again and waited again, nothing. And as the topics says, it gives NO errors, no nothing, no beeb nothing. So what could be the problem? Machince specs: - 600mhz Athlon - Asus TNT2 Ultra (Detonator 11.01) - 192mb RAM - SoundBlaster 128 PCI - Windows ME - DirectX 8.0a If you need to know something else ask :) Thx for any help. (sos if this has been asked since the search function timed out for me all the time)

WanhaPatu -> (5/9/2001 4:23:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by JakBot: I clicked 'Play Worlds at War' it gave this ratatatata sound, and loaded for 1,5sec and nothing. waited for a while, pressed again and waited again, nothing. And as the topics says, it gives NO errors, no nothing, no beeb nothing. So what could be the problem?
I have the same problem. The reason is invalid or missing vid998.smk file in SND/Stream-directory. Fixed it by copying the vid998.smk from WaW 4.5 to that directory.

JakBot -> (5/9/2001 5:49:00 PM)

Hmm, ok, where could i get it :) ? Gotta test copying some other file and rename it :)

WanhaPatu -> (5/9/2001 6:49:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by JakBot: Hmm, ok, where could i get it :) ?
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~cirrus/vid998.zip Once again - thanks go to Cirrus :)

qwertyAlien -> (5/9/2001 8:01:00 PM)

If that won't help, be sure that you have got enough of free space on your harddisk swap file or something..

JakBot -> (5/9/2001 9:09:00 PM)

Thx for all help.

Wild Bill -> (5/10/2001 4:48:00 AM)

Be sure and keep us posted as to whether this resolves the problem or not...WB

Dean Robb -> (5/10/2001 5:24:00 AM)

In the copy of v5 I d/l'd from a mirror site (forget which one, but thank you for mirroring!); the vid998.smk file was corrupted and was so noted by the install routine. I had the topic problem; d/l'd the vid998.zip file posted above - problem solved. Suggest the d/l sites grab a fresh copy of the .smk file and re-zip their game files. [ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: Dean Robb ]

JakBot -> (5/10/2001 5:34:00 AM)

The real 60mb file made it work. Replacing it one of the other files made it play the video, but end up givin error message that the vid998.smk was missing :) [ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: JakBot ]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI