Strategic map: Effect of terrain and season (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

nukkxx5058 -> Strategic map: Effect of terrain and season (6/22/2005 9:19:55 PM)

Hi,

I have seen nice mointains drawn on the general map and I would like to know the effects of terrain. For exemple, what happend when sending a 20.000++ soldier army through the Alps in winter ?

What's the impact of a river ?

etc.

I hope this was not already answered on the forum...

Thanks.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Strategic map: Effect of terrain and season (6/23/2005 2:44:21 AM)

On both the strategic and the tactical maps, terrain and weather have a big effect. On the strategic map, terrain and weather can really slow movement, causing forces to become separated rather than synchronized when taking different paths and slowing forces down (though leaders with high initiative help with this). In the few turns I did as Sweden to take screenshots for a request, for example, my movements were slowed and at times I chose to detour because of bad terrain and winter weather. Along the way my men ended up having to forage longer than they would have otherwise and I lost more of them before I could march back down to respond to the Danish incursion. When you move a unit on the main map, the color of the movement arrow (green, yellow, red) indicates the difficulty of the terrain/weather that you are going to move through.

On the tactical map, the terrain and weather effects are many and varied and also can be related to unit type and formation and also affect line of sight. A few pages in the manual cover this, so I can't really do it justice briefly, but both terrain and weather are fully and logically modeled.

Regards,

- Erik

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Strategic map: Effect of terrain and season (6/23/2005 11:16:12 AM)

Wow ! That's impressive !

Thanks for your interesting answer!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI