sound bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

AStott -> sound bug? (5/11/2001 2:27:00 AM)

Well, I got 5.0 installed last night and played the very first non-tutorial in the list of scenarios. Every now and then I'd experience times where my attack (and the opportunity fire in response) would not have any sound at all. Any one else seen this? Is this a missing/corrupted sound file or something more... ominous? P.S. Great job Matrix! Looks like a wonderful upgrade so far. Andrew

Voriax -> (5/11/2001 2:45:00 AM)

Do these no-sound incidents happen usually in point-blank range? If so, then don't worry. That happens every now and then and has happened so in just about every incarnation of Steen Panthers series. I have no clue what causes it but it's such a minor nuisance I don't even notice it nowadays. Voriax

AStott -> (5/11/2001 12:45:00 PM)

Sounds like that's the problem. Guess I'll ignore it then. Thanks. Andrew

Rick Borovec -> (5/11/2001 1:21:00 PM)

How about this question? I am playing the Victors Campaign. During the Russian Op fire I hear russian voices saying who knows what when they fire. I'd like to imagine they are saying "Shoot those blankity blanks" or something along those lines. My question is, why don't I hear American voices during their Op fire? Then I could tell what they were saying, or maybe thats point? It seems to me that this happened before ver 5.01 too. For our overseas friends that have downloaded different language files, does this also happen? Thanks!

Resisti -> (5/11/2001 2:19:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by BORO: How about this question? I am playing the Victors Campaign. During the Russian Op fire I hear russian voices saying who knows what when they fire. I'd like to imagine they are saying "Shoot those blankity blanks" or something along those lines. My question is, why don't I hear American voices during their Op fire? Then I could tell what they were saying, or maybe thats point? It seems to me that this happened before ver 5.01 too. For our overseas friends that have downloaded different language files, does this also happen? Thanks!
Not that I can help you out that much, but if I'm not wrong those russian voices are linked to the use of the short range MG (Tokarev ?) by Russian Inf. My young one,3 years old, is ROFL everytime he heards those voices, so that I had to start my second Defending the Motherland Campaign in a row just to please him :D

Voriax -> (5/11/2001 3:54:00 PM)

Boro, afaik those sounds are not language-file dependent. I use the English language version even though there is a Finnish one available...at least the earlier Finnish pack had so many funny and downright strange terms that I couldn't use it.. :) Also the Suomi-SMG specific sounds have some talk in them..650 and 651.wav I think. I guess those sounds have been taken from some movie? Voriax

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI