5.01: VID998.SMK not found. Program aborting... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Fuerte -> 5.01: VID998.SMK not found. Program aborting... (5/12/2001 12:42:00 AM)

I don't know what happened. I installed the 5.0 full version, which had that corrupted vid998.smk. I ignored it, and copied the vid998.smk that I saved from the 4.5 installation back into SND\STREAM folder. 5.0 run fine... Then I installed the 5.01 patch, and now it says that "VID998.SMK not found. Program aborting...". The file is still there. Any ideas? Also mech.exe stays in memory (hidden) after that error message.

Colonel von Blitz -> (5/12/2001 12:45:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: I don't know what happened. I installed the 5.0 full version, which had that corrupted vid998.smk. I ignored it, and copied the vid998.smk that I saved from the 4.5 installation back into SND\STREAM folder. 5.0 run fine... Then I installed the 5.01 patch, and now it says that "VID998.SMK not found. Program aborting...". The file is still there. Any ideas? Also mech.exe stays in memory (hidden) after that error message.
Taidat tarvita 5.0:n "uuden" videon. 5.0:n kanssa vanhempi 4.5:n video toimii, mutta 5.01:n kanssa ei... Colonel von Blitz

Fuerte -> (5/12/2001 1:03:00 AM)

Thanks Colonel, what a mess... Uh-oh, only now I realized how big that vid998.smk is... so no SPWAW for me this weekend. :( Have to wait for Monday to download it from somewhere, eDome I guess. I wonder if that full 5.01 is ok. I already downloaded the full 5.0, which was bad. It seems that Mr. Murphy really got us this time. :mad: [ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Fuerte ]

Peregrine Falcon -> (5/12/2001 2:40:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: Thanks Colonel, what a mess... Uh-oh, only now I realized how big that vid998.smk is... so no SPWAW for me this weekend. :( Have to wait for Monday to download it from somewhere, eDome I guess. I wonder if that full 5.01 is ok. I already downloaded the full 5.0, which was bad. It seems that Mr. Murphy really got us this time. :mad: [ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Fuerte ]
Dont worry. You are not the only person who is upset about this. Agreements with SSI or not, this is one thing that I dont like. (I got 30mb "rip" version from Colonel Blitz, it worked, but then Matrix tweaked 5.01 EXE to accept only 5.0 video...) So now, I use 5.0 exe, with 5.01 OOB's.. I know Matrix added some new credits, but if that does not include any people from SSI, I'm beginning to wonder why they can't use some sort of separate front-end for their own credits. Oh well. I hate Mr.Murphy as well :D

David Heath -> (5/12/2001 3:04:00 AM)

Hi Guys I am sorry about the video change but we had to do it. Second v5.01 has a few bug fixes that were reported. Also if you happended to order the CD we added a extra non zip version of the Vid998.smk file to be safe.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI