Security Violation Message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Del -> Security Violation Message (5/12/2001 10:11:00 AM)

In four games I've started with v5.01 I've gotten a security violation message, corrupt ob files or something of that ilk. I know of one other person who got the same thing. This was while doing setups. I don't know about while starting a turn. Anyone else? Thanks

Paul Vebber -> (5/13/2001 1:00:00 AM)

This means you and your opponeant do not have the same OOBs

Del -> (5/14/2001 6:54:00 AM)

Not so. We all have the same version. We went ahead with the games anyway. Now one of them has become a 'saved game failed to load' or something along those lines. Has anyone else had problems with pbem security messages?

TotenkopfZZ -> (5/14/2001 9:03:00 AM)

I had the same problem with one of the pre-generated scenarios. I uninstalled and deleted the Matrix folder, because I have noticed that a simple reinstallation does not replace everything in the OoB files. This process did nothing to fix the error in the pre-gen scenario game we were playing via Email though so I think once the game places the flag on the file for corruption or whatever it stays throughout the duration of that game.

Paul Vebber -> (5/14/2001 11:04:00 AM)

Has one of the players opened the OOB files and saved in the editor" even if you don't change anything that can cause a violation?

Fredde -> (5/14/2001 2:32:00 PM)

In all cases I had that message, sending a copy of the two OOB files to the other player solved the issue.

Mike Wood -> (5/14/2001 9:59:00 PM)

Hello... Reinstalling SPWAW will cause a security violation error message, even if there were none, before. The game detects reinstallations, because some players could use that to cheat.
quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ: I had the same problem with one of the pre-generated scenarios. I uninstalled and deleted the Matrix folder, because I have noticed that a simple reinstallation does not replace everything in the OoB files. This process did nothing to fix the error in the pre-gen scenario game we were playing via Email though so I think once the game places the flag on the file for corruption or whatever it stays throughout the duration of that game.
There are a number of peculiarities about playing secure email games. The manual tells what you should never do, during a game, such as reinstalling the game. There are so many ways that one could cheat, we had to use a very strict protocol in the secure PBEM system. If you are trying to continue a game after having upgraded the executable or the OOB files, the program will detect this as a security violation error. It is quite possible to get a security violation error message without cheating, if one does not follow the proper protocol. The new version will warn you that a violation has occurred, but let you continue the game. Have Fun... Michael Wood

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI