Now that the new mech.exe has been released... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

KG Erwin -> Now that the new mech.exe has been released... (6/25/2005 7:53:23 AM)

...I can reveal that I helped test it, and I like the changes. The biggest effects will be seen in the long campaigns and generated campaigns. For American players, your task has gotten tougher, which bears truth (depending on the year). My favorite Marines took a hit on average experience in 1941-42, which is as it should be. ALL American troops had to learn the hard way, which we quickly did. The new sighting routines add to gameplay, too.

IMHO, the game is now more historical , more challenging, and more fun to play.

First impressions-- snipers are much more deadly, but this is a function of the altered experience levels. The Japanese are VERY sharp in 1941-42, and they will knock off your men. Same goes for MG fire--the better your troops are, the more likely you are gonna get hits.

I'm anxious to hear some feedback on 8.4.

Terminus -> RE: Now that the new mech.exe has been released... (6/25/2005 12:58:59 PM)

Just downloaded it now. I'll get you some feedback once I've had a chance to check it out; deadlier snipers sound good, though. I've always been a little disappointed in their performance.

Warrior -> RE: Now that the new mech.exe has been released... (6/25/2005 1:33:46 PM)

Now that v8.4 is here, I think I'll start on that Guadalcanal scenario you suggested.

KG Erwin -> RE: Now that the new mech.exe has been released... (6/25/2005 6:26:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warrior

Now that v8.4 is here, I think I'll start on that Guadalcanal scenario you suggested.

I'm pleased to hear that, Warrior. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI