CRC errors on some MC disks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Paul Vebber -> CRC errors on some MC disks (6/22/2001 2:13:00 AM)

We have gotten a couple reports of CRC errors on MC disks. This is annoying but not a big deal. Usually hitting "try again" a couple of tiems gets it, but if not, right down the name of the file (vid12.smk is the only one that we have gotten word of so far -A Japanese campaign video that is not used playing the MC), but we will post a copy of any reported to us on our ftp and email it to anyone that wants it. One customer got a "disk 2 error" this generally means a bad CD - if you get this please submit a high priority help desk support request. This should be rare, but given the quality of service by our CD producer we are on guard... If you got the game an it installed OK, or you got a CRC error, or whatever - please drop me a private message or an email so we get a feel for how things are going. The vast majority have been shipped, so they should show up in the next couple days!

MacCready -> (6/22/2001 3:13:00 AM)

Hi Paul, I am getting the CRC error everytime I try to install it.... :o

Paul Vebber -> (6/22/2001 3:22:00 AM)

IF you hit "ignore" does it continue on OK?

MacCready -> (6/22/2001 3:49:00 AM)

Yes Paul. That is exactly what I had to do. The mega campaign is running fine. I also got another error regarding snd/21000.wav decompression error has been detected(#6) Read/Write Failure However after hitting retry on this one it worked and installation continued. May I ask why these errors are occuring? Have a good one

Paul Vebber -> (6/22/2001 4:08:00 AM)

Because our cut-rate CD producer used cheap media and ultra fast burners, most likely. Poor quality media and fast burn (with no error verification) leads to these errors, we know now what to specify to avoid these problem when we have a lot produced. We will be getting the next lot from a more reputable source and be much more specific detailing our requirements...

BomBeer -> (6/23/2001 3:13:00 AM)

Glad to hear that Paul. I got a question will it be possible to make a backup copy of the MegaCampaign? ie is there any copy protection. I would feel better knowing I have a backup. Since this CD company more or less sucks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI