RN (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930

SamRo -> RN (6/28/2005 10:09:10 AM)

Im a little confused, please excuse my ignorance if anything I say sound silly.

Im a RN as you say "Fan Boy", & I was thinking if this is set in the 1920's and jutland haveing happened would the RN gunnery not have inproved as a result of the lessons learned?
would it be posible fo me to eddit the skill leval of indervidula ships? I noticed WITP has an editor but I have yet to look at it properly.

secondly had to ask ACRON & MACON :-) can they be modled in the witp engine?

Cheers
SamRo

Big B -> RE: RN (6/28/2005 6:46:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamRo

Im a little confused, please excuse my ignorance if anything I say sound silly.

Im a RN as you say "Fan Boy", & I was thinking if this is set in the 1920's and jutland haveing happened would the RN gunnery not have inproved as a result of the lessons learned?
would it be posible fo me to eddit the skill leval of indervidula ships? I noticed WITP has an editor but I have yet to look at it properly.

secondly had to ask ACRON & MACON :-) can they be modled in the witp engine?

Cheers
SamRo

Hello from across the pond,

I am quite familiar with the WITP EDITOR, and a resounding YES - if WPO uses the same engine and gives us the same editor - you can adjust ANYTHING to your hearts content.

Tankerace -> RE: RN (6/28/2005 10:44:35 PM)

Yes, I am pretty sure the editor will make the final release, so yes you can edit it.

As right now, British gunnery (in terms of experience) is the best in the game (between them, US, and Japan). However, they are actually equal to the others, as their Jutland lessons are offset by poor fire control, specifically the Dreyer Fire Control Table and Range calculator. In 1941, HMS Hood (equipped with the last of these units, the Mark V Table) failed after several salvoes (according to observers on HMS Prince of Wales) to hit anywhere close to Bismarck. In 1922, ships were equipped with older versions of these tables, and their ability to put shells on target must also be called into question.

So, to put it another way, British ships have slightly higher crew ratings (in some cases) then corresponding ships of other nations, but are handicapped by the equipment on their ships. Their guns are less accurate (to represent the table), plus have slightly lower penetration, to represent the WWI (and even WWII) tendency of some British shells breaking up on armor, rather than penetrating.

Comparably, the Japanese have the best accuracy, coupled with a relatively low training (little combat experience), the US has mid range accuracy with a mid level of training (some WWI experience, and decent US range finders), while the British have the worst accuracy and best training. Granted, the differences aren't extreme, but in a prolonged "Jutlandesque" battle may make even a sure win a doubtful prospect.

I think you will like the way I have done it, but with the editor you can change to your hearts content.

As to Acron and Macon, they aren't included for two reasons. The Main reason is they were products of the 1930s, not the 1920s. Secondly, As aircraft, they can be too easily damaged, and as ships they can be shot at by battleships main guns. Smaller derigibles might be able to be included, but I didn't find either method of implementing them 100% satisfactory.

SamRo -> RE: RN (6/28/2005 11:15:10 PM)

Splendid!

I don't see any need to change anything someone with such knollage of the subject has setup.
But still nice to "highpothosis" how the RN would do with better gunnery :-p

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI