Great Invasions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

sol_invictus -> Great Invasions (6/28/2005 6:11:30 PM)

Philippe Thibaut; the creator of the boardgame Europa Universailis which in turn lead to the PC version of Europa Universail I-II, is done with his next title, Great Invasions for the PC. The game covers the period 375A.D.-1066A.D. in Europe. It will essentially use a very similar engine as that used in EUI-II and if you liked those games, this one deserves a looking into.

Philippe has said that on his forum that he was looking for a N. American publisher and asked the forum for suggestions and naturally I thought of Matrix. He said he had thought of you guys already but since you only do online orders, it wouldn't work out for him as he is looking for wider distribution. I replied that while you do concentrate on online download, there have been some exceptions.

Have you already talked to Philippe or would this even be something that Matrix would be interested in pursuing? I think the title would fit nicely into your lineup and the game is already complete so you would just have to distribute the game retail. Just a thought.

FlyingElvis -> RE: Great Invasions (6/28/2005 6:34:53 PM)

It would seem to be a natural for Paradox. I wonder why they didn't pick it up.

Hertston -> RE: Great Invasions (6/28/2005 10:17:10 PM)

Because they don't do boardgames, presumably. Its not a common crossover, and (although there may be others) the Lock `n Load games are the only ones I've come across published by what people consider primarily computer game companies.

I'm surprised, considering the success of EU, he is having trouble finding a US publisher.

FlyingElvis -> RE: Great Invasions (6/28/2005 10:55:47 PM)

Oh, I was thinking that Great Invasions was a PC game, not a boardgame.

wayne19563 -> RE: Great Invasions (6/29/2005 1:37:29 AM)

It is a PC game - this August

http://www.great-invasions.com/int-en/

Hertston -> RE: Great Invasions (6/29/2005 2:12:44 AM)

My bad, then. In that case I agree, it seems odd Paradox aren't publishing it.

EDIT. From the boards,

"I know very well both of them and both are unsuitable...

* Matrix has no direct sales network, hence their games are sold only via the Internet...that would not satisfy the publisher's intent on a wider distribution

* Paradox does not sell by themselves but through an agreement with Atari Inc. They have GI under evaluation for the moment but not provided a response yet..."

So it might be Paradox when they finish "evaluating".

sol_invictus -> RE: Great Invasions (6/29/2005 5:19:03 AM)

I replied to him in that thread that Gary Grigsby's World at War was a retail release and that he and Matrix might be able to come to an agreement.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Great Invasions (6/29/2005 11:04:34 PM)

It looks interesting, i've always been fond of the Dark Ages. We should be able to order it next week, UK version[8D].

sol_invictus -> RE: Great Invasions (6/30/2005 4:16:48 AM)

Nah, I'll be knee deep in Crown of Glory.[:)] Might get Great Invasions if Guns of August doesn't get released by end of July. I am entering that rare but great period when many good games are going to be released very close together.

EnPeaSea -> RE: Great Invasions (7/4/2005 6:04:13 PM)

Great Invasions does look sweet, but after getting burned hard with Pax Romana, I am sceptical of Philippe Thibaut's next effort.

For those of you who have never played Pax Romana, just imagine a game perhaps more buggy then HoI 1.0 with minimal post release support of the developer/publisher. [:(]

scott64 -> RE: Great Invasions (7/4/2005 6:28:40 PM)

Looks interesting [:'(] If one could get it in US.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI