bug in pacific and russia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Leman -> bug in pacific and russia (6/28/2001 6:21:00 PM)

I've downloaded war in Russia and Pacific War from Matrix Games. All the numbers and SPACE are corrupted in the game. Help please. My computer: Intel 810e 8MB videocard (latest drivers) Pentium-III 550MHZ 128 MB RAM

Leman -> (6/29/2001 12:13:00 AM)

It's probably a COMPAQ problem. I've got enough memory (621K). Any suggestions ?

Warhorse -> (6/29/2001 1:20:00 AM)

I've got a COMPAQ, and no problem with WIR, at least. Don't have PW though... I have 1.2ghz AMD Athlon, 32mb Nvidia TNT2 with 3 d detonator drivers+, 128mb RAM, and SB128pci sound card. Maybe just a corrupted download?

Christophe -> (9/20/2001 12:58:00 AM)

I have the same problem. Letters and spaces are corrupted and impossible to decypher. I run the game on a Compaq Armada E500, and it is not a memory problem, it must then be a problem coming from the way Compaq handles MS DOS. I have been already asking for help in this forum, but with no results. I have been looking through the Compaq site for help....with no avail... I don't know what to do.... it is very frustrating, since it is the game I was waiting for for years.... If you have any hint, let me know, Thank you

john g -> (9/20/2001 3:44:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Christophe:
I have the same problem. Letters and spaces are corrupted and impossible to decypher. I run the game on a Compaq Armada E500, and it is not a memory problem, it must then be a problem coming from the way Compaq handles MS DOS. I have been already asking for help in this forum, but with no results. I have been looking through the Compaq site for help....with no avail... I don't know what to do.... it is very frustrating, since it is the game I was waiting for for years.... If you have any hint, let me know, Thank you
Remebering back to the days of MSDOS, for alternate keyboards and different letters to show up for Non-US displays, you had to load a code page that had those different letters and keyboard arrangement. Could it be that your machine has no US code page loaded, perhaps it was from a European Source that customized it for Germanic languages. Is this the only old msdos game you try to run?
thanks, John.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI