Menu disappears! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Christian Blex -> Menu disappears! (7/9/2001 6:56:00 AM)

I finally got the MC Cd. After installing the game(ver. 5.01) and playing for a short while the map became a little bit more grey and the menu on the right site (with the all buttons!) disappeared!!!! I can move the mouse and move vehicles, I still can use some keys but the graphics are not correct. Opening the submenus(unit information, preferences etc.)I can read the writing, but the background is still the map!!! More strange the sound has disappeared, too! I have upgraded the game to ver. 6.0, but the problem remains: After a short while all this happens again and again and again. In most cases the map has some graphics errors (black fields), too!! I didn't have any problems with ver.4.5 . My computer is a Duron 650Mhz with a Gigybyte board, an Elsar ErasorIII (TNT 2) with the newest driver. In addition I'm running directx 8.0a. Please help!! :( :confused: :( :confused:

Supervisor -> (7/9/2001 8:08:00 AM)

Try old reliable and delete the steel.prf file within the /save directory. It has produced more than it's fair share of the unexplained, especially after ugrading from one version to the next. The game will recreate it when you restart it. Good luck

Christian Blex -> (7/10/2001 12:09:00 AM)

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, the game still crashes, even after upgrading to ver6.1. Does anyone have the same problems?? :(

Paul Vebber -> (7/10/2001 12:53:00 AM)

I see you have already posted here. We will try to come up with something...

Supervisor -> (7/10/2001 10:30:00 AM)

Did you install over a previous version of SPWAW, you might want to try a clean install. Try setting screen resoultions within Windows to 800x600 16bit, some gamers are reporting problems when the game switches to a resolution different from what they were running within Windows. Just a thought. [ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

Christian Blex -> (7/10/2001 8:40:00 PM)

I installed the progrem over ver.4.5 at first. As the crashes continued to happen, I deleted the whole folder and reinstalled the game, beginning with ver.5.01. Again the game crashes. Then I installed all updates to ver 6.1, deleted the steel.prf file and even tried it with 800*600 resolution. The game keeps on crashing. :(

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI