SP W@W - Command & Control Crash (v8.4) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Beetlecat -> SP W@W - Command & Control Crash (v8.4) (7/3/2005 10:25:59 PM)

I'm re-posting this from the main SPW@W section in case this area gets checked instead:
--

I just installed the 8.4 update last night, and resumed my Lost victories campaign. As soon as I clicked on a new unit, my game dumped to windows. Restarting and trying a new campaign/other save had the same result.

I've deleted the steel.prf, reinstalled the campaign (but have yet to re-install SP), but the only thing that seems to fix it is turning off command & control in preferences. :I

Anybody else having this happen?

I seriously don't mind having MORE control over my troops, but I love the extra planning that C&C requires.

--Edit:

I just installed a fresh 8.2 -8.3-8.4 (C&C worked fine) -- copied my megacam folder in and tried to run one and the crash happened immediately :( I'll try making another new install and only updating to 8.3 this time and see if that's the only new variable.

-update:
A new install to 8.3 and copying over the megacam folders has worked just fine with no crashes. Bummer.

johnhulten -> RE: SP W@W - Command & Control Crash (v8.4) (7/13/2005 5:15:55 PM)

I'm glad the reinstll uup to 8.3 resolved the problem. I've been hoping for a fix to 8.4.

LarryP -> RE: SP W@W - Command & Control Crash (v8.4) (7/30/2005 5:36:36 AM)

Wow, I thought for sure I would be the only one having this headache! After I installed 8.4, I played Watchtower megacam, turned Command & Control on, selected a unit and clicked Change all Units (I hope I quoted that correctly). Then I got booted out of the game to the Windows-XP desktop. Sometimes it locks up ionstead. So I leave it turned off.

I am running GeForce 5700, Dell 2.2gig, 512ram, XP-Pro & SP2, no programs running like virus AT ALL.

Larry.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI