say hi+crash help :) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

nachtstrom -> say hi+crash help :) (8/30/2001 2:04:00 AM)

hi community!
i am a complete newbie here so i wanted to say hi to you all! i heard from friends of this amazing stpwaw and downloaded the huuge one with all updates.installed it and updated it to 6.1.sadly,the game crashes to desktop even if i play the tutorial! as i see here there are some problems with the updates so can someone please tell me which version is safe to play without crashes?? 5.2? 5.1 ? ah,and my config if soeone is interested: amdk6/2 450mhz,128mb ram,dx 8,voodoo 4 and awe 64 gold..
any help would be nice!!
greetings
doc n

Paul Vebber -> (8/30/2001 3:06:00 AM)

FIrst thing to try is delete the steel.prf file in the save folder. Then try playing withthe sounds turned off. ALL versions of SP:WaW work without crashing, but sometimes it takes a little tweaking to get there

Kinja -> (9/3/2001 10:36:00 PM)

Paul, I have found that sometimes you just have to learn to live with the crashes. I get frequent drops to the desk top. No set time or place, just all of a sudden, Bam! Sometimes it is a vxd error, sometimes it appears to be a memory leak type of error. Since these drops seem to be a quirk with my system, and since I really don't want to have to wipe out my HD and start over, I just save the game frequently. This way after the crash I only have a half turn at most to replay. [ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: ArtS ]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI