Spooky's site having troubles... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

2Stepper -> Spooky's site having troubles... (7/4/2005 8:38:55 PM)

Hey guys, I just ran a couple of test downloads from Spookys website. Everything I tried to download was over 20mb. Each file failed at about 17-19mb despite being downloaded at 430-470kb/sec. Seems there's either bandwidth troubles there, or they have a router issue that craps out when a certain amount of data is pushed. Other then that, the smaller files are no problem.

Just an FYI for everyone trying to get SUBCHASERS new map or other files. We just have to wait out the fix. Things do break unfortunately. [&:]

[8D]

fokkov -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/4/2005 9:52:21 PM)

I guess the the site is to populer now he's hosting subchaser's map

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/4/2005 10:44:37 PM)

2Stepper the dl I posted in the other thread is working NOW - I dunno why they said 0300 CET not 2100 CET but anyway - grab it or run the gauntlet [:D]

Subchaser -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/4/2005 10:49:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fokkov

I guess the the site is to populer now he's hosting subchaser's map

I’m afraid this is not the case Fokko, Spooky hosts my mod since January and there were no such problems previously. There are only 20 or 30 people who use my mod.

Monter_Trismegistos -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/4/2005 11:19:29 PM)

How did you counted them?

Spooky -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/4/2005 11:21:45 PM)

Sorry guys for all these troubles

I hope it will work better in the future. However, it is always a good idea to use a download manager for big files such as maps

fokkov -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/5/2005 12:30:53 AM)

I managed trough olivers link, map looks great , cant image that only 30 people use it,
Using a download manager for my didn't work , i have a dsl connection so big files are no problem for me
25 mb = 2 min max.

But thanks for the effort .
Fokko

P.s. Nice site you have , it helped me a a lot when a started witp.

Subchaser -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/5/2005 10:11:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos

How did you counted them?

Well there can be more.. can be less.. that doesn't really matter, I count those people who ask questions and comment here and those who mail me... 30 persons or so. If you read AAR threads, look at the screenies, most players use stock version of the map. There is no surprise here, only 5-10% usually use mods. The good thing is that CHS becomes more and more popular, and that’s a heavy mod, new map, new database… and that's a really pleasant surprise!

Subchaser -> RE: Spooky's site having troubles... (7/5/2005 10:14:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fokkov

P.s. Nice site you have ,

Yoda style ! [8D]

No mails from you for so long… how are you doing?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI