MC crashes to desktop on clean install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Zorachus99 -> MC crashes to desktop on clean install (9/8/2001 11:19:00 PM)

I bought MC DF and installed on my laptop. Everything was working fine. I had a power outage while playing, From then on, when I selected saved games or MC, SPWAW would crash to desktop. I uninstalled, deleted matrixgames folder, and reinstalled. Applied patch 5.3 and 6.1. MC still will crash to the desktop, ordinary WWII long campaign works fine though. I scanned the registry for Matrix and Steel, and deleted references to SPWAW and and tried again from the beginning, all to no avail. Am I missing something? Justin

Supervisor -> (9/9/2001 5:48:00 AM)

Delete the steel.prf file within the /save folder and make sure when the game starts it reads ver 6.1 at the bottom if not delete the mech.exe file within the main SPWAW folder and reapply the patch sometimes Windows doesn't always overwrite the old mech.exe file. Make sure you don't have a nested SPWAW folder within the main SPWAW folder (this happens often) if you do, copy everything up one folder into the main SPWAW folder and then delete the nested SPWAW folder. If you still encounter problems try running the game directly from the mech.exe file bypassing the autorun startup menu.

Paul Vebber -> (9/9/2001 11:49:00 PM)

A power outage to a running computer can cause file corruption on throughout the HD. You may have to reinstall *EVERYTHING* to avoi problems.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI