uninstall / reinstall advice please! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

James P -> uninstall / reinstall advice please! (9/9/2001 2:46:00 PM)

To cure my two recurring problems: * The game crashing when setting up a PBEM game and entering a password
* Manually saving a solitaire game Can someone give me any advice on performing the best possible uninstall / reinstall of SPWaW? In the past when I’ve run the bundled uninstall program I’m still left with “bits” of the game lying around, like Start Menu items, and directories. I’m hoping to start with a totally clean system, so I can perform a clean install. In case it matters, my current install is made up of the version 4.0 complete, followed by each incremental patch up to level 6.1 + the Stereo Sound patch. For the reinstall, I’m currently downloading the 5.1complete file, to avoid endless patch application. Once 5.1 is installed, I plan to reboot, install ver 5.2, reboot, install ver 6.1, reboot. Is this the best route, and are there any tips out there? Thanks,

Paul Vebber -> (9/9/2001 11:54:00 PM)

What OS are you using? Sounds like NT 4.0 SP6? The PBEM password bug is a problem with NT 4.0, the other may be also. SOme machines it works, some it doesn't... TRying to get the game to work on every version of windows on every hardware combination these days is just impossible...

James P -> (9/10/2001 12:39:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
What OS are you using?
Paul, I'm using Windows 98 Second Edition. James

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI