Internet game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

mogami -> Internet game (7/8/2005 9:13:31 AM)

Hi, Rather then in opponents wanted which only players looking for PBEM game seem to read I'll post here.
For the next ten minutes if you want an online use join game 24.210.184.88

mogami -> RE: Internet game (7/8/2005 9:27:55 AM)

Hi, OK I can't tell If anyone tried to connect.
To set up internet game a "host" has to post his IP and then go start a remote game and wait for other players to connect.
I think we need a thread "Starting Internet game" where persons wanting to host a session post their IP. Then they have to say how long they will be waiting for players to join game.

mogami -> Last Call (7/8/2005 9:39:07 AM)

24.210.184.88 next ten minutes.

mogami -> Next try (7/8/2005 9:54:19 AM)

Hi, OK enough for tonight? (it is 2:53 am here in Ohio)
At 930am (6.5 hours from now) I will try again.
If you want an online game tomorrow. Post here.
We will
1. decide who is going to host
2. The host then posts his IP and goes to start game
3. other players connect to host and away we go.

mogami -> Sign up for online (7/9/2005 1:37:06 AM)

Hi, OK lets try again. It is 6.36pm here in Ohio. I would like to start online game in an hour or two.
If you have a good machine and internet connection perhaps you would like to host.
After we have players host posts IP number and then at appointed time logs on. Other players then connect and pick nations.
Anyone want to play online tonight?
I think it would be nice if WCS person hosted or played to observe program in action.
It is my opinion that this game needs to be played online more then PBEM.

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Sign up for online (7/9/2005 5:11:48 AM)

Can a person host without playing? I'd be willing to host and watch the action, if I could. I have a decent
internet connection.

I don't think I am even close to being competitive in this game.

It's 10:10pm here in Ohio. :)

Alan

2gaulle -> RE: Sign up for online (7/9/2005 6:08:03 AM)

an unfortunatly good exemple why TCP/IP it's so difficult to play[;)]

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Sign up for online (7/9/2005 6:13:33 AM)

It's actually pretty simple. Trying to get a game going via a message board is obviously not the way to go, and neither is via email.

The way to go is through ICQ or a similar type chat program. I've done it plenty of times with different games. You just have to commit and then show. Easy.

Alan

bluemonday -> RE: Sign up for online (7/9/2005 6:17:54 AM)

Has anyone successfully connected with anyone else via the TCP/IP function? I have tried it and was unable to connect. Are there specific firewall ports that need to be opened?

SuomiKp -> RE: Sign up for online (7/9/2005 6:45:44 AM)

People could meet at Matrix Games chat room also for games ...

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Sign up for online (7/9/2005 7:02:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluemonday

Has anyone successfully connected with anyone else via the TCP/IP function? I have tried it and was unable to connect. Are there specific firewall ports that need to be opened?

I would think that there probably are ports that need to be opened. I haven't checked which or don't even know if such information is available.

I have a router here and am on a LAN, so, just to see if things work, I could run DMZ.

Alan

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI