It was going to happen but.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Wolfeh -> It was going to happen but.... (7/8/2005 1:17:17 PM)

Any chance of a rough ETA on the patch? I just want to know whether it's worth continuing on the campaign I'm playing at the moment or waiting so at the very least I can save each turn in detailed combat. Destroying the French and Spanish is far more satisfying when you do it personally.

donkuchi19 -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/8/2005 7:49:18 PM)

I would expect that any patches would not affect a campaign game. Most of the patch requests deal with crashes or enhancements to the interface. I don't see any change in order of battle or anything like that which would affect an ongoing campaign.

Ralegh -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/9/2005 3:17:30 AM)

I have the opposite view - most patches during the beta invalidated the save game files. Since we expect to be able to save in the middle of hexwar, surely we expect additional data in the save file format, which in turn suggests you should finish your current game before applying the patch.

When we actually KNOW the answer to this question, we will post.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/9/2005 8:29:51 AM)

[X(]I don't recall one patch that would let me load a save...new patch meant new Campaign.

ericbabe -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/10/2005 12:11:43 AM)

In general patches will not affect save games (unlike in beta testing)... the next patch, however, will be a patch that allows saving in detailed combat, so that will affect save game format.

I just uploaded the patch to the beta testers so we'll have to see how beta testing goes before we know more about when it'll be ready.

Eric

jchastain -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/10/2005 5:09:52 AM)

The save in detailed combat will be very much appreciated. Any more hints on what other goodies we might find in the patch?

jchastain -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/10/2005 5:22:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

I just uploaded the patch to the beta testers so we'll have to see how beta testing goes before we know more about when it'll be ready.

One other question... and one that likely isn't asked a lot following release. If patches are going to beta testers first, are you looking to add any additional beta testers or are you keeping that door closed?

ericbabe -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/10/2005 10:02:53 PM)

We'll stick with the beta testers we have now as long as we have enough of them maintaining interest.

The first patch is mainly about getting the save/restore to detailed combat feature implemented, though there are a few tooltips added and I made some attempts to fix the alt-tab issues and the CTD's (only testing can tell whether I was successful).

Here's the version history going into the first patch so far:

Changes 1.00->1.1
--------------------
* Added tooltip manual text to choose-upgrade dialog
* Added tooltip info in Relation Adviser
* Added some right mouse button info in attachment box
* Now shows current move orders as very faint arrows
* Increased AI run away from detailed combat threshhold
* Tweaked detailed combat AI parameters
* Added save/restore features in single-player detailed combat

The next patch will also mainly be about fixing bugs and adding in-game information (tooltips, additional reports... especially economic information). Also some of the simpler game-balancing tweaks.

We'll shoot for a features patch down the road to add more leader abilities, upgrades, and other game features.

sol_invictus -> RE: It was going to happen but.... (7/11/2005 6:44:24 AM)

Sounds great!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI