How do I transport troops? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

talon54 -> How do I transport troops? (7/8/2005 8:30:28 PM)

The title says it all.How do I load the transports?And anyone see their merchant ships disappearing?I saw no battle screen but on my next turn my merchants were gone!

Mynok -> RE: How do I transport troops? (7/8/2005 8:45:29 PM)

Loading troops:

Select a fleet. You will see in the info box at the bottom of the screen how many divisions it will hold.

Move fleet to a province.

Add troops to the fleet just as you would add divisions to a corps. You can add corps/armies so long as the capacity isn't exceeded.

Move fleet to the province to receive troops.

Right-click fleet, click on the troops to unload, close the window and click in the province to unload troops. If you do it right, you will see the cursor change to an Unload pointer.

Not sure about your merchants. Only scenario I can think of would be that they were in battles prior to this and lost ships, then were disbanded due to lack of ships. Or they could have been disbanded because you couldn't pay maintenance for them. There will be a message in the Supply report when either of those occur.

Ralegh -> RE: How do I transport troops? (7/9/2005 3:23:28 AM)

[Edit] Some side notes:
+ if you sail into a port which you own (or is owned by an ally) and then end your (naval) movement, your troops can disembark and keep marching the following month.
+ bewary - your fleets will move much more slowly when they are laiden with troops: about 2 sea areas a month?
+ some beta users had difficulty with the interface here: think of land forces moving before naval forces (they don't, but this will help you issue orders that will actually be caried out). So:
- move the fleets into the province, end turn
- load the troops and sail out, end turn
- sail to destination sea zone and end turn
- disembark the troops
+ while on board the fleets, your troops will be foragining in a zero zone. To pay for supply, create a sea supply chain...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI