I can't annex Poland (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

marirosa -> I can't annex Poland (7/8/2005 10:09:55 PM)

Poland is down to one province. It was austrian protectorate but they get freedom as a peace term Austria signed with Russia (me playing Russia).

I DoWed Poland and my Cossak army crossed the border. The Province was white on map and witha poland flag on province summary.

The same turn my cossaks arrive, the province became stripped white/light green (as my other russian protectorate) and the province summary shows a russian flag with a little poland one on the side.

I can't build troops (grey popup tell me i am not allowed) but my cossacks don't bessiege the city.

What's wrong? Am i still at war? Is Poland now a russian protectorate?

munited18 -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/8/2005 10:18:15 PM)

It appears that it has become your protectorate....So, you can not attack it.

marirosa -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/8/2005 10:19:50 PM)

Another check: It is not listed on my province roster.

Mr. Z -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/8/2005 10:53:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marirosa

Another check: It is not listed on my province roster.

Check to see if the specific province (Warsaw, Krakow, etc.) is on the roster instead.

marirosa -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/9/2005 5:41:41 AM)

The province is Kovno. It does not appear on the developement province screen when i scroll back and forward from one province to another.

In the contextual menu (rigth click on the province) it say Poland, and i have options to surrender, limited surrender, perform protectorate and such.

My cossak army stay in the province without besieging... maybe because there are only 30k inf and 80k cav?

There exist also a poland army that is wandering in my provinces. I will try to kill them with the cossak cavalry and inform here later.

BTW, when i load the savegame, Kovno starts with white background and green stripes (as if a russian protectorate) but the next turn it changes to white (as in neutral free minor).

Mr. Z -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/9/2005 8:49:38 PM)

quote:

In the contextual menu (rigth click on the province) it say Poland, and i have options to surrender, limited surrender, perform protectorate and such.

"Poland" is the name of the minor country, "Kovno" is the name of the province (Poland is unique in this regard).

quote:

My cossak army stay in the province without besieging... maybe because there are only 30k inf and 80k cav?

Are there any Polish units in the city garrison?

quote:

BTW, when i load the savegame, Kovno starts with white background and green stripes (as if a russian protectorate) but the next turn it changes to white (as in neutral free minor).

Maybe a save game error...keep your units in Kovno for another turn--what happens then?

marirosa -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/10/2005 1:02:14 AM)

The city is not garrisoned (at least i don't see any green dot)

Was waiting a couple of turns and no bessiege. Finally Kovno changed again to white, as if free minor. No more option to surrender, but i can DoW it again.

Did a Surprise Attack, (anyways, i am scoring by now 1400 glory [8D] ) and now France defended it. The same turn (as my cossak army didn't leave the province, the province frame changed to blue vertical stripes (as if owned by France) and diagonal green stripes (as in controled by Russia). The province sumary shows rusian flag with a little poland one

Still can't buy divisions or develope the province, so i guess i must ask France to surrender or something.

The little poland army was indeed two poland officials with no units. Now they are inside Minsk city guarded by a militia.

Mr. Z -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/10/2005 8:33:05 PM)

quote:

The city is not garrisoned (at least i don't see any green dot)

Then there is no option to besiege. You occupy the city directly.

quote:

Finally Kovno changed again to white, as if free minor. No more option to surrender, but i can DoW it again.

Are you sure it isn't an insurrection? If it's striped green, it is your protectorate. If it changes to white, it may have declared independence. Maybe check your events report?

quote:

The same turn (as my cossak army didn't leave the province, the province frame changed to blue vertical stripes (as if owned by France) and diagonal green stripes (as in controled by Russia). The province sumary shows rusian flag with a little poland one

Aw, I always forget what the cross-hatching means. It sounds like it asked France for a protectorate, but then you conquered it (as a protectorate), so it won't really be controlled by either of you until a peace treaty. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Mr. Z -> RE: I can't annex Poland (7/10/2005 8:49:13 PM)

Note: I now know that much of this is explained by a bug--Ralegh has logged it on another thread ("Repeated DOWs with Minor Provinces". We will try to fix on a future patch.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI