Is this suppose to happen? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

goodwoodrw -> Is this suppose to happen? (7/15/2005 2:02:14 PM)

I was playing the British when my entire 1st army vanished! I loaded the 1st army onto transport at London and with intentions of sending it to Hanover. I placed a depot in all the sea zones as well as Hanover. The fleet stop in the sea zone adjacent to Hanover on the first turn. I moved into Hanover the second turn. I went unload the 1st army on the next turn, but no army on the ships> I checked london to see if it had unloaded there nope, I checked with the Mil Advisor screen 1st army had vanished without trace. Any ideas?

grudge -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/15/2005 4:44:04 PM)

This happened with a diplomat and a fleet too. They just vanished! I got them back when I moved through all my units using the '+' and '-' keys. They were there, but not displayed on the map!

carnifex -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/15/2005 5:14:57 PM)

did the army have any subordinate units attached or were you moving an empty container unit?

i know there is a bug where a corps or army will vanish sometimes if you if it's empty and you move it

goodwoodrw -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/15/2005 5:49:04 PM)

Early in the game no corps army only

Ralegh -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/16/2005 6:26:57 AM)

If this is reproducable, please send me the save game.

ericbabe -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/16/2005 6:19:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

did the army have any subordinate units attached or were you moving an empty container unit?

i know there is a bug where a corps or army will vanish sometimes if you if it's empty and you move it

Empty corps/armies in enemy territory are supposed to be destroyed. But should be OK in friendly territory. Are you seeing their destruction in friendly territory?

Thanks,
Eric

goodwoodrw -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/17/2005 10:41:57 AM)

G'day, no Ralegh I have not been able to reproduce, and Eric it was was an army that was apart of the scenario setup, that I moved on the first or second turn

Ron -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/18/2005 1:09:44 AM)

Don't know if this is applicable but I just had a vanishing Corps instance as well. I was fighting a detailed battle and had called on an adjacent Corps in for reinforcements. After finishing the battle I realized said Corps and accompanying General were 'missing', I first thought it had been destroyed but it had been a medium sized battle and I hadn't taken that many casualties and was victorious. I went to the Military screen but it wasn't listed there either. I play without Compact Stacks and on a whim I went to the options and reenabled them. To my suprise the missing Corps was back with its General and even after disabling Compact Stacks the Corps remained.

Ron

Ralegh -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/18/2005 2:06:21 AM)

Thanks for that Ron - an interesting bug, and you found the workaround! I can't figure out what causes this to happen, or get it to reproduce at the moment, although I have seen it too.

BASB, if Ron's workaround doesn't help. I am stumped - I haven't seen what you describe.

Lets all keep our eyes out for these and try to reproduce them so we can can give enough of a description for Eric to be able to fix it.

Joram -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/19/2005 7:56:59 AM)

I wish I kept the game where this happened to me except it was a fleet. I was moving ships into the fleet, then immediately moved the fleet to see all in one turn. The ships moved into it alright then the whole damn fleet disappeared, lol!

I noticed it was on my army list however but couldn't figure out a way to make it appear. Eventually just reloaded the autosave and didn't make that move I had planned.

Naomi -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/19/2005 10:46:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

I wish I kept the game where this happened to me except it was a fleet. I was moving ships into the fleet, then immediately moved the fleet to see all in one turn. The ships moved into it alright then the whole damn fleet disappeared, lol!

I noticed it was on my army list however but couldn't figure out a way to make it appear. Eventually just reloaded the autosave and didn't make that move I had planned.

I played Britain a lot and witnessed so many "funny" phenomena (I have to give this adjective to make me feel sort of comfortable after rushing to buy the game).

*Having captured a port, the enemy ships there were stoned and didn't make any move.
*Enemy ships stayed in my port like their homes, and I had to send my ships there to fight them (after trying many ways to show them the door).
*I ordered fleets to do a blockade and they were still in the open.
*I tried to unload an individual unit but the whole pack of passengers land ashore.

I hope I won't hit upon more such funny instances to convince me that the developers were somehow sea sick. [:'(]

Mr. Z -> RE: Is this suppose to happen? (7/19/2005 5:36:36 PM)

quote:

*Having captured a port, the enemy ships there were stoned and didn't make any move.
*Enemy ships stayed in my port like their homes, and I had to send my ships there to fight them (after trying many ways to show them the door).

Known (suspected) bug--AI is not expelling ship units from ports properly.

quote:

*I ordered fleets to do a blockade and they were still in the open.

Are you saying you don't even want the option of ordering a blockade to a ship in an open sea zone?

quote:

*I tried to unload an individual unit but the whole pack of passengers land ashore.

If you could give us a screenshot--first of the control box as you select the single unit, then of the map after you land them all--that would be great, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI