44% (94)
46-50
  14% (31)
51 and older
  8% (19)

Total Votes : 213
(last vote on : 9/22/2005 10:24:58 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

MarkFroio -> RE: How old are you? (8/13/2005 6:16:20 AM)

I'm 44 and started playing AH games about 30 or more years ago (and I can't believe it's that long ago). I only played board games with one buddy for about 5 years, and then we went away to different colleges. Didn't get into computer games until 1995 when Panzer General was released. Ever since then I've been hooked. It would be fun to play a board game every once in a while with a real person, though.

K62 -> RE: How old are you? (8/13/2005 6:49:44 AM)

My age group is such a minority lol [X(]I guess the only "wargames" most young people are interested in are those that involve pulling the trigger yourself.

RUPD3658 -> RE: How old are you? (8/18/2005 6:14:24 AM)

38. Started with Avalon Hill's Tactics 2 at 8 years old (Step father was Vietnam vet and big into war games). Moved on through Panzer Blitz/Leader to Squad Leader. Even dabbled with Flat Top for a while.

Played Starfleet Battles on the tournament circuit in the 80's in college (1 die roll away from an Origins victory!) and truly miss the face to face of board games.

First computer game was QQP's The Perfect General.

I guess I have to wait 5 more years before I can pass this love onto my 3 year old son.

ilovestrategy -> RE: How old are you? (8/18/2005 8:31:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

38. Started with Avalon Hill's Tactics 2 at 8 years old (Step father was Vietnam vet and big into war games). Moved on through Panzer Blitz/Leader to Squad Leader. Even dabbled with Flat Top for a while.

Played Starfleet Battles on the tournament circuit in the 80's in college (1 die roll away from an Origins victory!) and truly miss the face to face of board games.

First computer game was QQP's The Perfect General.

I guess I have to wait 5 more years before I can pass this love onto my 3 year old son.

Starfleet Battles was soooo intense. I led a Romulan Fleet against a Federation Starbase one time. At the end all I had was a crippled War Eagle and the Starbase was near total destruction. The fed player just looked at me in disbelief as i manuvered my crippled ship in for a shot with a plasma torpedo. I got destroyed but that starbase's SSD was just about all full with darkened spaces. The player actually shook my hand and said I had a good fighting spirit. I play comp games now but that kind of respect is only with board games.

ilovestrategy -> RE: How old are you? (8/18/2005 8:32:55 AM)

Oh, im 38 BTW [:)]

Wolfie1 -> RE: How old are you? (8/18/2005 9:33:56 PM)

41 here, I started on SPI Games, I'm suprised at the bias towards AH, maybe SPI were better promoted in the UK.

RUPD3658 -> RE: How old are you? (8/18/2005 11:11:16 PM)

Ever play Federation and Empire? It was the strategic version of SFB. I reall wish they would make this for the computer.

My best war story is winning a tournament game at Origins by destroying a Gorn CA with a probe from my crippled Klingon D7. Also tractored a Kzinti CA and hit it with a scatter pack in the same tournament. I was a sneaky bastard in my younger days!

The Kzinti player went on to win the Capatin's tournament that year (I had beat him in the patrol tournament).

ilovestrategy -> RE: How old are you? (8/19/2005 2:33:42 AM)

I have Fed and Empire but never really played it. Scatter packs are nice! Thats what I miss about board games, having your opponent right there.

RUPD3658 -> RE: How old are you? (8/24/2005 4:56:06 AM)

Much easier to taunt and tease face to face. [:D]

Ross Moorhouse -> RE: How old are you? (8/24/2005 7:29:29 AM)

43 here. Married with 2 daughters. I am out numbered. Even the budgie is female.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI