2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Opponents Wanted

Jordan -> 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 8:28:18 AM)

Wanted: two more dedicated North American players for a 5 nation PBEM and playing group.

Currently we have three players: MarcelJV, Munited18 and Jordan. We all have familes (existing or pending) and our goal is to clear 3 turns a week for a steady but not overwhelming game. If we clear one more turn a week, that's fine, but not at the expense of civil unrest. One of us will maintain the passwords to enable the game to continue during vacations, business trips and school plays. However, if you'd like to join in please be serious because:

1796 Scenario. Normal+ difficulty. Highest Glory wins. 10 or 15 years. Once we have the group, then we will choose up nations.

2gaulle -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 2:09:33 PM)

I will be able to manage one other pbem[;)]

Ron -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 3:58:47 PM)

I would like to join. I am married, on the West Coast of Canada and am looking for a dedicated group of players as well who won't bail! This will be my first PBEM with CoG but have been wargaming for quite some time now. I am still pretty new to the game but I guess most are in the same boat ;) Cheers,

Ron

Edit: My email is zonsa at telus . net

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 4:20:45 PM)

That's five and a game.

Nations? I will choose last.

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 4:23:05 PM)

I guess I will try the Brits again and try not to BANKRUPT them in the first 2 months!! grrr

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 6:01:22 PM)

I'm assuming most of us will play their turn at night. Here are the time zone groups:

2gualle and Marcel are EST
munited is CST
Ron and Jordan are PST

A couple of other things to think about while we're deciding which nation's economy to bankrupt. We should consider giving the AI nations a boost, especially if the AI controls one of the majors and we should consider a gentleman's agreement not to declare phony wars (i.e. to protect another country from a rival I'm at war with). The last is subject to interpretation and I wouldn't argue the point if it happened - maybe there's a good reason for Russia to declare war on Austria while Russia's at war with France. So I'm happy with a gentelman's agreement.

MarcelJV -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 7:14:19 PM)

We are a brave lot to take a Beta tester in our group. Maybe we can pump him for information about up coming patchs and testing he is doing.

Since we have an experience player in our group we should decide how bad the beating should be. If we let him play France then I think France will be strong through out the game, which I think is good.

So here is what I think.

2Gaulle will play France
Munited18 can play England (chicken come on
marcelJV will play Prussia
Jordan Pick
Ron pick.

Scenarion is 1796.
2Gaulle how strong to make the AI players to get a good challenge, given that the rest of us are relatively new to this game, well I am.
Time length: longer the better by me
Victory: Either highest or a set goal of no less than 1000.

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 7:43:21 PM)

I say the longer the better and highest glory. I also think that we should ratchette up the difficulty level for AI. Perhaps to Difficult..
I am shy about "Gentlemen's" agreements, but I will do whatever is the consensus. Let me explain my stance on the agreements, and no it is not because I am a backstabber![:-][:D]. I just worry about how something is interpretted. There may be disagreements about what is "fair" or not. That is my only concern.

I look forward to not being broke in the second turn!

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 7:47:00 PM)

2gaulle, what do you think? I agree with Marcel that you as France would make the game more interesting. Speaking of patches, when the new one comes out will we be able to continue this game?

I will wait for Ron to make a pick and then choose accordingly. No worries on my end. It would be good to get going asap because the first turn is usually the longest.

Yeah, highest glory might make it a little too open-ended. Maybe 3000 or 4000 pts for 15 years? That way you could lose a war (or two) and still have a shot.

Who wants to keep the passwords? When we have it all together, I will send out the e-mail addresses.

MarcelJV -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 9:25:48 PM)

I agree no gentleman's agreements. If Russia want to declare war on Austria while also at war with France then let him. If Austria then want to join France in an alliance then they should. This should take care of it's self. I prefer not to have these agreements, mostly cause i like to nail people when they are not looking[;)]. Actually if we do not have an agreement you are fair game.

Look forward to the start of this one.

I just realized I get to be the first victim of France, bother. Well I have yet to win a quick battle so this will not be a change for me. Maybe surrender is the better part of valor, or keeping your army in one piece. I should play a game as Prussia so I have an idea of what I have.

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 9:35:48 PM)

I'm fine with no gentleman's agreements. I was only trying to head off a possible exploit in the game rules. Russia, at war with France, could declare war on Austria in order to prevent the French from declaring war on Austria. You can't declare war on another when you are fighting the same enemy.

France's first victim is Austria...I think they start 1796 at war with Britain and Austria.

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/19/2005 10:23:26 PM)

Well, I am ready when you guys are! Uh, that is after childbirth class tonight! [;)]

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 1:22:24 AM)

I've got e-mails into Ron and 2gualle (I wonder how busy he is with other PBEMs and beta testing?) Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon as we're all chomping at the bit to hit our goal of three turns a week.

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 1:32:29 AM)

OK, 2gualle is good to go as France.

Ron -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 2:56:28 AM)

I'm pretty green so any country I play will be a shambles in no time lol :P I have no preference really but I am thinking Spain would be good. I never received an email from you Jordan if you sent one. I will write to you to confirm.

Ron

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 3:46:05 AM)

All,

Ron is good to go as Spain. I will take Austria.

Set-up:
1796 Campaign
Difficulty: Whatever the next is above normal
Length: 15 Years
Victory: 4000

Recommended AI Settings:
Turkey +1
Sweden +1
Russia +2

Name of the game: NAMERICNGame

On your first turn please remember to choose a password (right click on the strategy map and go to the set policy screen) and e-mail it to Marcel (Ok Marcel?).

2gaulle sets the parameters and, as France, goes first. When done with your turn, zip the file and send to the next player in the order below. I believe I have it right.

I sent you all an e-mail with all of our addresses (5:45 pm PST). Let me know if you did not receive it.

2Gaulle France
Munited18 England
marcelJV Prussia
Jordan Austria
Ron Spain

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 4:05:18 PM)

Sorry about the confusion guys. Jordan's order was all out of whack![:D]
However, I should have realized it so I will take the blame! Good luck everyone

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 5:38:04 PM)

Did I screw-up?

Trying to get us started and appease my son at the same time. Mea culpa.

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 5:44:45 PM)

It is no big deal Jordan. You just had Prussia listed after me, instead of you. I should have known to send it to Austria, but I didn't pay that much attention. I mean after learning about c-sections and breast feeding I'm lucky I managed at all![;)]

Anyway, I need more from you Jordan! After all, we're supposed to be ALLIES![:D]

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 6:09:35 PM)

OKay, I checked the order of our other PBEM game and Prussia (Marcel) comes before Austria (Jordan). If Marcel received the turn that makes him the Austrian player, then that means that Prussia was set-up as computer controlled, correct?

2gualle, are you able to see what nations are human controlled and what nations are controlled by the AI?

1- If Prussia is AI controlled and Russia is human controlled then I will continue to play Austria and Marcel will take over Russia. Then the order would be: France, Britain, Austria, Russia and Spain.

2 - If Prussia and Russia are both AI controlled, then we need to start over (with the original settings).

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 6:25:09 PM)

Ok. Jordan did you do your turn as Austria? We will have to wait until Austria's turn is done to see which nation goes next..hopefully we won't have to start over!

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/20/2005 6:29:17 PM)

Marcel forwarded me the Austrian turn this morining. If we don't hear back form 2gualle before I leave from work this afternoon/evening, then I will take the turn and forward to Marcel on the assumption that he is Russia. We'll see if that works.

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/21/2005 8:58:22 PM)

New game - Marcel (as Prussia) forwarded me his turn this morning - thank you, sir - and I, as the doomed house of Hapsberg, will play it and forward to Spain this evening.

Game on.

Jordan -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/22/2005 5:38:47 PM)

Turn sent to my Hapsberg kin in Spain last night, 7 pst.

Ron -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/23/2005 3:55:41 PM)

After a couple email glitches turn was finally sent to France last night.

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/25/2005 5:35:25 PM)

I received the turn this morning and will knock it out this evening. How is everyone enjoing t he pace of this game?

MarcelJV -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/25/2005 6:31:37 PM)

Going good except for the Aggression setting thing. I like the pace, could be quicker as I find I have very little to do each turn, takes about 5 minutes to do the turn, including reviewing development, trade, military, and diplomacy. Actually the longest part is creating a new treaty.

Did you get to review the treaty I sent you? The turn result looked like you did not review it.

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/25/2005 6:49:01 PM)

I reveiwed it and sent you a counteroffer, or at least I thought I did..

Ron -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/26/2005 3:46:23 PM)

Next turn sent to France this morning. Yes my turns only take 5-10 minutes also at this time, mostly drafting a treaty and making new trades. Turns could go quicker but for me it is a question of when I am able to get online - mornings are guaranteed, evenings less so depending on committments etc.

Anyways the 4 units Naples was producing for Spain are still 'gone'. Cowards I guess! :)

Ron

munited18 -> RE: 2 North American Players Needed for PBEM group (7/26/2005 3:48:34 PM)

I am the same way. Turns are about 5-10 minutes. The longest thing for me is province development and trying to figure out how to GROW an army...[:-]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI