problems creating a mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

marirosa -> problems creating a mod (7/20/2005 5:44:33 PM)

I was trying to make a scenario just for testing purposes.

Copied balanced_S folder to the name pruebas_S
attitd.txt, filled it with zeroes (first field the id of player followed by 8 zeroes and a 747)
commndr.txt, deleted all the lines except last one (0<tab>eof...)
provstrt.txt, deleted all lines but last (0<tab>0)
relstart.txt, deleted all lines but last (0<tab>0)
rest of files i left unchanged and it seems to work fine.

Problem I
In players2.txt i tried to change the initial upgrades, Feudal Dues and Colonies. Colonies work fine, but Feudal Dues and Upgrades get override for all players but France (sometimes France get override too, sometimes not).

Problem II
Last try, in start2.txt i deleted all rows that do not match "type" 10 (port city) or 8 (inland city). This suposedly will bring a board empty of units... but it don't load. No error, no hanged computer, just the loading screen don't advance.

Any help in what is working bad?

PD: i tried to make the changes in a sve game but this file is just crazy to edit.

ericbabe -> RE: problems creating a mod (7/20/2005 8:56:00 PM)

Problem I is a bug I just noticed myself. The game gets upgrade and government data from the main directory and not the scenario directory. This is on my bug list.

Problem II... not sure about this. Would you please zip your .txt file and email it to me at ericbabe@west-civ.com?

Eric

marirosa -> RE: problems creating a mod (7/22/2005 4:39:04 AM)

quote:

Problem II... not sure about this

Sorry, was my fault. The format of the file is 24 fields each register, with <tab> as separation character.

But the 3 first rows have only one field, so when i edited the file with OpenOffice it didn't saved the 23 extra <tab>

Now it is working well [:)]

PD: i just noticed that even with no military units in start2.txt, each player starts with some militia; 1 in each province, 3 in the capital and some more provinces with 2 militia.

ericbabe -> RE: problems creating a mod (7/22/2005 5:07:00 PM)

Yes, the militia are automatically generated: minimum 1 per city, 3 in the capital, and a small chance that some cities will get an extra militia.

Alaric_31 -> RE: problems creating a mod (7/22/2005 6:27:38 PM)

Quote By Marirosa...

Problem I
In players2.txt i tried to change the initial upgrades, Feudal Dues and Colonies. Colonies work fine, but Feudal Dues and Upgrades get override for all players but France (sometimes France get override too, sometimes not).

beware of change colony income, it is deduced of your taxes and waste is not reduced, i think.

with best regards,

alaric.

marirosa -> RE: problems creating a mod (7/22/2005 9:37:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe
Problem II... not sure about this. Would you please zip your .txt file and email it to me at ericbabe@west-civ.com?

Strange... i did the same procedure to create the file in the work computer (it works fine) and in my home (it hangs at loading scenario screen).

I already mailed you the one is not working. I am sure is this file because if i delete it and use any other start2.txt file, the game loads.

marirosa -> RE: problems creating a mod (7/22/2005 9:38:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alaric_31
beware of change colony income, it is deduced of your taxes and waste is not reduced, i think.

We can analize it too. I made this mod to check influence of Feudal Dues in Colonial Regiment militia output.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI