Teleporting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Arkady -> Teleporting (7/21/2005 1:41:33 PM)

Hi, we encountered in out PBEM game (started with 1.50, now 1.60) teleportation bug.
Japanese 5th Infantry Division was marching from Alor Start to Moulmein, this turn it should arrive on Songkhia, at least graphical icon and pop up info say that 5th Inf Div is there. But in reality, 5th is now at Truk (with orders march 3000+ miles across water to Moulmein) ...

Can someone help as with it and return this division back to Malaya ? [&o]
thx
Arkady

michaelm75au -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 1:57:29 PM)

Hi
(1) are you using version 1.602?
(2) did you use "All follow/march" on the 5th Div?
(3) do you have a save from before you gave it the March/follow order?

Michael

Arkady -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 2:03:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Hi
(1) are you using version 1.602?
(2) did you use "All follow/march" on the 5th Div?
(3) do you have a save from before you gave it the March/follow order?

Michael

1) No, this is 2 on 2 PBEM battle and we apply only official patches (now 1.60)

2) No, pure March order for just this unit

3) Yes [:)] I think that I have saves several turns back

Arkady

michaelm75au -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 2:13:54 PM)

<>

Mr.Frag -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 3:16:33 PM)

Use the beta patch, it was specifically designed to correct this problem. Since you have a turn before it happened you can prevent it or you can move the unit (the follow leader) into the hex on top of itself if you don't want to go back in time.

durnedwolf -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 3:45:31 PM)

Hi Mr. Frag,

Is there any way you can post the fixes in the 1.602 patch? I downloaded the file but all I have is the executable - I'd like to share what the patch fixes with the person I'm playing with prior to us both patching.

Thanks much.

Arkady -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 4:17:56 PM)

Durnedwolf: check first sticked thread in Public Beta Patch forum [;)]

Mr.Frag: thanks for advice, I must convice our opponents to upgrade, they want wait for official unfortunately

Mr.Frag -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 8:18:28 PM)

quote:

Mr.Frag: thanks for advice, I must convice our opponents to upgrade, they want wait for official unfortunately

The reason it is classed Beta is that it didn't go through the full round of testing due to time commitments, not because it is unstable code etc.

If they do not want to patch, do not use the follow command at all. That simple.

Tanaka -> RE: Teleporting (7/21/2005 11:26:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf

Hi Mr. Frag,

Is there any way you can post the fixes in the 1.602 patch? I downloaded the file but all I have is the executable - I'd like to share what the patch fixes with the person I'm playing with prior to us both patching.

Thanks much.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=198

The v1.602 Public Beta should be available later tonight or early in the morning. The change list is as follows and we are particularly interested in hearing if this resolves the "teleporting unit" issue some players saw with games that were continued after the v1.60 update.

Bugs Fixed:

1) A bug was causing ship captains to vanish. Fixed.
2) The 10” CD gun (device #516) was not being produced. Fixed.
3) Land units ordered to follow were not arriving in proper hex at proper time. Fixed.
4) Allied heavy bombers were using device #210, 2000 lb AP bombs, instead of device #205, 2000 lb GP bombs. Fixed.

Arkady -> RE: Teleporting (7/22/2005 2:21:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

The reason it is classed Beta is that it didn't go through the full round of testing due to time commitments, not because it is unstable code etc.

If they do not want to patch, do not use the follow command at all. That simple.

We upgraded to 1.602 [:)]

But when this problem occured we don't used follow command, just March order for this single unit....[:'(]

durnedwolf -> RE: Teleporting (7/22/2005 8:09:38 PM)

Thanks everyone, for the advice. We patched to 1.602 and will give it a try.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Teleporting (7/22/2005 9:06:14 PM)

quote:

But when this problem occured we don't used follow command, just March order for this single unit..

This a vanishing unit or a split unit? not the same problem.

Arkady -> RE: Teleporting (7/26/2005 12:56:22 PM)

no, entire unit without fragments or divided parts

now after 1.062 patch unit teleported again to Truk

I will try stop it for one turn and then set march orders again

Mr.Frag -> RE: Teleporting (7/26/2005 3:27:25 PM)

Yea, try it, reseting the moves when going to 1.602 is a good thing to do in case it's already on it's way to limbo.

Arkady -> RE: Teleporting (7/28/2005 10:13:57 AM)

bad news

We stop this unfortunate unit on Songkhla (Set to Defense), to my surprise after resolution phase unit was again on Truk.....

What's now? Ship it back and hope that after disembark (some weeks later) it will stay there ...?

I can provide any save file...just say which one, japanese one before turn end, japanese after end turn (aka allied turn) or finished allied turn just before resolution phase ? Or current one with unit tekleported on Truk...

thanks for help

Arkady

boba -> RE: Teleporting (8/15/2005 1:26:44 PM)

I had a problem with dissapearing LCUs also. I'm playin scen 15 against AI, V1.602 (from the beggining).

First I had my 21st div teleported while marching from Khota Bahru to Singapore to the Balikapkaan. Ok, I figured it's not a problem since I'm just playing against AI, so I shipped it to Malang. It get unloaded OK but while marching from Malang to Soerabaja it has dissappered completly (I can't find it on LCU list screen).

I had a same problem with 1st and 2nd parachute regiment which I air transported from Kiungahan to Saigon (the idea was to use air drop them later somewher in Burma). But, after succesfully completing air transfer, they both dissapered from Saigon and can't be found on LCU list screen?

Is this is a "normal" bug? I'd hate to have something similiar when playing PBEM since every Japanese LCU is too valuable to get "vanished".

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Teleporting (8/15/2005 1:43:57 PM)

Don't know about the 21st, but the para is a know bug. What happens is the very last fragment ends up being the parent units, and then if that particular transport doesn't make it for whatever reason (op loss, flak, air to air) then the parent unit is lost, and so the entire unit goes poof.

A work around, is once most of the units is transferred, stop moving that unit (I usually just switch from 1st Para reg to 2nd para reg) until you see the unit at your destination become the parent unit (the one with no /#), then resume normal tranfer procedures.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI