Battles! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Chris21wen -> Battles! (7/22/2005 12:02:39 AM)

Anybody played a Battle and let the computer pick the troops for both side? I've now tried playing the Germans against the Ussr a number of times and all I get as the Germans is an Rifle Co. No tanks, no Art, no nothing else. The Ussr on the other hand seems to get Tanks, tanks and more tanks. Oh and not to mention the Infantry riding on the tanks.[:@]

Alby -> RE: Battles! (7/22/2005 12:09:55 AM)

I just ran a few tests
The same thing happened to me...well once the computer bought 4 captured tanks!! LOL
Hmmm that is not good.[:(]
Dont let the AI buy for you!! [:D]

Chris21wen -> RE: Battles! (7/22/2005 10:45:29 AM)

Yes you can always do that but I just wanted to play a random, quick game but the unit selection ruined it. Please fix it.

RUPD3658 -> RE: Battles! (7/22/2005 3:47:49 PM)

Maybe the AI wanted to give you a challenging scenario by picking lousy units for you. Still could be fun trying to win in spite of your assigned units. Sort of like real life where you have to play the cards you are dealt.

Alby -> RE: Battles! (7/22/2005 5:12:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Yes you can always do that but I just wanted to play a random, quick game but the unit selection ruined it. Please fix it.

I cant fix it!!...I am just a gamer like you, [:D]LOL
The computer buys decent forces for player 2
i dont know why it does not for player one.

Alby -> RE: Battles! (7/22/2005 5:12:39 PM)

quote:

try adjusting the points at the start, see if that makes a difference.

Possusoturi -> RE: Battles! (7/23/2005 4:57:26 PM)

Hi.

Coincidentally I thought about this few days before reading this thread. If my limited testing is valid, it seems that AI canīt pick decent force in small scale battles(1000pts). However, as points were increased, AI either seemed to think it would afford some luxury and bought tanks, artillery, transport and such. Testing was done with ger-sov meeting engagement, fully automated battle from both sides. During tested 4 low point and 3 high point scenarios behaviour of AI was corresponding to the point value. I guess this is also an issue for generated campaings so if anyone holds any evidence, I would also like to see any info, being a small scale player myself, and therefore facing pure infantry forces most of time. Time of the year(season) does not seem to affect(ie. no ski infantry).

I also make wild guess that every nation has different set of force selection routines. Again some hard evidence from more experienced players would be nice.

Also, in some old thread stated that AI selection rationality started to degrade after 4k points. I have not tried this myself, nor I do not know if newer versions have affected this.

In short:battlepoints, at least, seem to be strongly affecting factor in AI force selection.

Thanks for your patience.

Wild Bill -> RE: Battles! (7/23/2005 5:47:43 PM)

Never tried it. I like picking my own forces. I'm sure every real field commander would offer a loud "Amen" to that! As has been said, you fight with what you have and you make the best of it...and that ain't always easy!

WB

Terminus -> RE: Battles! (7/23/2005 6:02:18 PM)

While that IS true, I do think that automatic force selection SHOULD provide a more balanced force. If it's a feature, then it ought to work properly.

Wild Bill -> RE: Battles! (7/23/2005 7:42:23 PM)

I agree completely, Terminus. It is a weak point in the game that should be made better. You'll get no opposition.

WB

Chris21wen -> RE: Battles! (7/23/2005 11:43:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

quote:

quote:

I cant fix it!!...I am just a gamer like you, LOL

Sorry, didn't mean you aimed at matrix.

Chris21wen -> RE: Battles! (7/23/2005 11:45:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

While that IS true, I do think that automatic force selection SHOULD provide a more balanced force. If it's a feature, then it ought to work properly.

quote:

Nothing wrong with an unbalanced scenario, I'm quite willing to play the odd battle and get my but kicked. A choice of easy, normal, hard (like in the campaigns) would work.

Hauberk -> RE: Battles! (8/6/2005 6:08:55 PM)

Caveat Emptor-Let the buyer beware![;)] Hauberk

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI