EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

EUBanana -> EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 2:31:53 PM)

Well, no job means more WITP, so this is game #2.

We're using the CHS mod version 1.02, and this time I am the Yellow Peril. Which means I'll get my ass kicked, as I have no clue how to play the Japs.
This isnt a split AAR, sacorsair will be posting here too.

First day I was overwhelmed, so we mostly went with a historical first turn as it happened.

Japanese landings took place pretty much normal, with additional landings at Tarawa, Jesselton, Kuching, Jolo and Zamboang. All of these went off without a hitch except at Jolo where Force Z intervened - the Jap ships ran away, and Nells out of Saigon put 2 torps into Repulse and 3 into PoW, though neither seem too bothered by this.

Clark Field got heavily bombed, the port at Manila lightly bombed (no kills). Pearl Harbour has faced 2 days of pain from KB, Pennsylvania, California and Utah have all succumbed. He tried to intervene with PT boats in the northern Phillipines but got strafed by Nates (hey, they have a use) and the destroyer wall kept him away.

Industry I barely touched, I converted a Hitachi engine factory over to Nakajima and expanded a few shipyards.

One nice touch, on the surprise turn I had a minelayer sneak into Rabaul and lay surprises, sure enough on the day after the day of infamy an AK got mined. [:D]

Questions though - all my aircraft replacement rates seem to be 0. [X(][X(] er, is that supposed to be that way? I aint touched nuthin!

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 2:39:56 PM)

...and also I dont seem to be able to convert AKs at Tokyo.

i got a bad feeling this is because the merchant ships have been played with...

Lemurs! -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 9:43:43 PM)

You can only convert merchant ships at Osaka as Japan... just has to have cap of 5000 or higher.

Mike

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 10:34:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemurs!

You can only convert merchant ships at Osaka as Japan... just has to have cap of 5000 or higher.

Mike

OK, well, thats a relief.

What about this thing about all my aircraft replacement rates being 0? That seems... odd.

kkoovvoo -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 10:43:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

What about this thing about all my aircraft replacement rates being 0? That seems... odd.

Replacement rate means offmap production (east part of USA, Europe). Thats why allies have both repl. rate and production rate.

But tell me a location where could Japan produces something off this huge map [:D]

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 10:55:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kkoovvoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

Replacement rate means offmap production (east part of USA, Europe). Thats why allies have both repl. rate and production rate.

But tell me a location where could Japan produces something off this huge map [:D]

OK, I'll trust that thats it then. I'll have a better look next time I get the turn (dunno what SAcorsair is doing, he's moved all those subs at Manila [;)]).

Lemurs! -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/24/2005 11:24:53 PM)

You really have never played Japan have you? [:)]

Mike

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/25/2005 9:47:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lemurs!

You really have never played Japan have you? [:)]

Mike

Only Allied.
Jap production is the reason why. [:D]

sacorsair -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/25/2005 11:14:57 AM)

[:@] Yeah the dang nells put 2 torps in the repulse which was repulsing ha ha and 3 into the PoW right between the ears oh sorry it is late and I am losing it by the way the force Z was at Kuching!!!!! Well this is like my 4th times as allies and first and last time force Z does anything but run I normally pair the PoW with the US carriers as it needs aircover and has great AA. I have lost 3 BB at PH and Kb is hangin around there so i cant even run ASW TF with out getting clobbered as I found out as well. I am debating on the best plan of action this time i have made it through Feb 42 with Singapore intact before but I have a feeling not this time. All the subs in Manila are at sea as this was a priority. Rabaul has been mined which is annoying but may well hamper some plans I have for it.

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/25/2005 1:07:24 PM)

More worried about the Swordfish you got in range of Kuching than Force Z... almost certainly sunk that CL, given Jap ships are made out of special burnable steel... [8|]

Did bugger up my landing at Kaching though, at least temporarily.

sacorsair -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/26/2005 1:20:36 PM)

Well PH has been waxed again, wonder how long he will stay at least i know where KB so thats a blessing. I did get a hit on a CVE of his so we shall see i would trade all my BBs which are already sunk for just one CV sunk. Nells and betties are harassing any attempt to have any kind of naval suppoty in the entire SE Asia theater I just dont want to risk it.[sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/26/2005 2:30:34 PM)

Baby KB seems pretty vulnerable to Fortresses, specially with the naff Claudes protecting it still.
That said you'll need to use more than 500lb bombs, that one that hit Hosho just scratched the paintwork. Not overly concerned yet.

Lots of divisions are headed for the PI, in addition to the ones already ashore, I want that fun and games over quick. Destroyers are prowling off the western shore of Luzon looking for fleeing transports, Nates strafe his PT boats.

Pearl Harbour is a crater, I think thats 6 battleships sunk outright now, though one was Utah admittedly. [:)]. No complaints there.

Lots of AKs got converted today now I know how. [:D]. Mostly 11 knot ones, the fast AKs I'm keeping, of course. Also I shut down all Nate production finally, converting them over to Zeroes and Helens.

The cockups I made on the first turn are becoming apparent - Wake is holding out [X(] and baseforces taking some time to get into position, but nothing too bad. All a learning experience... as for the progress of the first week of the war, I'm happy with the Pearl raid, but unhappy with the destruction of his airfarce in the PI. I've barely touched him, the Clark Field surprise raid was a big disappointment, and now he's got Warhawks strafing my AKs and getting experience.

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/26/2005 10:30:52 PM)

Day 4 I think it is of the war now. Already this game is looking to be different from my other. The marines at Wake are still holding out against my assaults, and now a US CV TF has arrived, sinking a couple of Jap destroyers but fortunately nothing else.

Thats audacious... [:-]

sacorsair -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/27/2005 9:05:36 AM)

Well you aint seen nothing yet bucko.[:D] Was a fairly quite day all in all not much happening some redeplotments and housekeeping mainly. One pressing issue is what and where to ship and when. I would like a suprise set somewhere but planning where and how much i can get into an area seems the problem.

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/27/2005 10:01:50 PM)

Kota Baru falls, giving me a nice big airbase. The Malay campaign goes well.
Kuching also falls, the Jap troops there giving their all for the Emperor despite being low on ammo and not really outnumbering the enemy. In overrunning the airfield pesky Vildebeest get torched. [:D]
Finally my artillery is moved up to Hong Kong and it has an immediate effect, as Hong Kongs forts get stripped with few Japanese casualties.

And in the PI well supplied troops are pushing up from Legaspi after a day off to get their act together.

The black spot in otherwise good results is at Wake still, where the USN is camped outside. The Japs find out that their easy kill is suddenly becoming a desperate battle for survival while surrounded by USN warships...

sacorsair -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (7/30/2005 4:11:14 AM)

Losing thoose to level 4+ bases will sure change plans now as he has now extended the reach of my bubbies the Nells. My fighters are totaly not ready to do any serious damage but will put up a fight.

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (8/2/2005 10:37:12 AM)

Well, that was interesting. KB caught Lexington just south of Midway Island, presumably coming back from the action at Wake.

Unfortunately the Zero CAP refused to fly, for whatever reason, so it wasn't completely one sided.

Lexington and three CAs were sunk outright. KB got a bit dinged up as well, including one carrier which will be touch and go.

sacorsair -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (8/2/2005 1:29:52 PM)

Well I did lose the Lex but we do have our first allied ace of the war[&o]

[image]local://upfiles/13301/96381FA1AEB24C25A328EBB7DB2C3808.jpg[/image]

EUBanana -> RE: EUBanana vs SACorsair, CHS (8/2/2005 11:45:31 PM)

Well, that was quick.

The divisions I landed at Kota Baru have vanished into the ether.

...I am of the opinion that, in the technical parlance, 1.6 is fubared.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI