8.4 problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

z1812 -> 8.4 problems (8/9/2005 3:42:19 PM)

Hi All,

I have installed SPWAW 8.4 and have encountered a problem when you are asked if you wish to use opportunity fire. The screen goes black and I just see the silver bar dsescribing your target and the time you have to make up your mind. As soon as I press the spacebar or esc key I get the screen back. If I move the mouse it paints the screen with the map. The game is still playable but the problem is very annoying.

I have reinstalled the game and tried succesive installs and it is present in 8.2 8.3 and 8.4.
My graphics card is a 128 MB nvidia with the latest drivers. My Chipset is an AMD 64 3500 with 1 gig of ram. My OS is win 2000 pro.

I do not see this in any other games I use. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

John

FNG -> RE: 8.4 problems (8/9/2005 3:43:55 PM)

Which OS are you using? I'm running Win 2000 and I occasionally get the black screen issue....

Terminus -> RE: 8.4 problems (8/9/2005 3:48:29 PM)

The black screen happens under XP as well. When it comes during Op Fire, you can still press "Y" to trigger the fire, and the screen will update properly. It's not very annoying...

z1812 -> RE: 8.4 problems (8/9/2005 3:49:15 PM)

Hi FNG,

I also am using windows 2000 pro but I have the problem most of the time. I find it quite annoying as it undermines my concentration and immersion in the game.

Regards John

Jackk -> RE: 8.4 problems (8/9/2005 5:43:25 PM)

A few hints from the past have helped me with this problem.

It seems that the game gets buggered when there are programs running in the background. Especially ones that refresh periodically. Specifically for me is a music player (when it updates the song title), and Motherboard Monitor (when it updates the CPU temperature).

By closing these, the blackout problem goes away for me. (WinXP Pro, ATI 9800 Pro)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI