RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Big B -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/23/2005 6:03:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

How about the final chase scene in Waterhole #9 (with James Coburn). A strange amalgamation of Cavalry, Indians, Prostitutes, Cowboys, and City Dudes all chasing the treasure on horseback, buckboard, and (if I remember correctly) a balloon!

Gotta get that movie added to my NetFlix queue. Haven't seen it in years and years, but I still remember the theme song "Code of the West" by (I think) Roger Miller.

Rhonda, that was a GREAT movie...haven't thought about it in years,...
But wasn't it named 'Water Hole #3' ?

B

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/23/2005 7:55:52 AM)

I saw Live and Let Die for the first time in a while this weekend. That was a pretty good chase scene with the speed boats. I like the old southern country sheriff at the end of the chase after climbing out of that wrecked police car"A SECRET AGENT? ON WHOSE SIDE!!??' [:D][:D][:D]

Puukkoo -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/23/2005 2:31:45 PM)

No one has yet mentioned 'the Shining'. Jack Nicholson's great.

rhondabrwn -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/23/2005 3:00:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

How about the final chase scene in Waterhole #9 (with James Coburn). A strange amalgamation of Cavalry, Indians, Prostitutes, Cowboys, and City Dudes all chasing the treasure on horseback, buckboard, and (if I remember correctly) a balloon!

Gotta get that movie added to my NetFlix queue. Haven't seen it in years and years, but I still remember the theme song "Code of the West" by (I think) Roger Miller.

Rhonda, that was a GREAT movie...haven't thought about it in years,...
But wasn't it named 'Water Hole #3' ?

B

Quite true... I stand corrected! It is now in my NetFlix queue, waiting to be added to my library [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/14190/6DBFED5963B840AAAB9D3F8D65957E18.jpg[/image]

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/23/2005 8:44:01 PM)

To Live and Die in LA. Mediocre movie, great chase scene.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/26/2005 9:44:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puukkoo

No one has yet mentioned 'the Shining'. Jack Nicholson's great.

The shining had a chase scene? I havent seen that one in a while. (tries in a futile attempt to rack his easily confused brain to remember a chase scene) [:D]

Terminus -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/26/2005 10:49:48 AM)

Well, Jack Nicholson does chase his family around with an axe for quite a bit...[;)] I did say any sort of chase scene would be applicable to this thread.

Puukkoo -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/26/2005 12:11:58 PM)

Jack Nicholson, with an axe, playing madman and chasing his old lady. Pure brilliance.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/26/2005 12:33:12 PM)

now that is soooo true! Heeeere's Johnny! [:D]

warhead2 -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/28/2005 5:37:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Bullit

French Connection was good because of the editing and because Hackman is so good. Certainly, it is the only movie where I have seen a car chase a train from underneath
speaking of which
I nominate the concluding chase in "Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry"

the site for this
http://www.varaces.com/

ilovestrategy -> RE: Best Chase Scene in a film (8/29/2005 5:16:06 AM)

I have another one, that dog chasing that kid in "The Sandlot". Now that was a chase scene many of us can relate to! I had a dog chasing me when I was a kid, you would be amazed at how tall a fence a terrified 8 year old can get over in a hurry!!![:D][:D][:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI