Fires (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Tullius -> Fires (8/10/2005 6:42:14 PM)

I want to know a little more about the effects of fires in a city

In my game (June 1943) as Allied my troops are around Canton. I have airfields in Wuchow and Changsa (and Swatow). I want capture Canton but i have a problem as i have no engineers and the japanese troops have built fort 9. Does a firestorm here help ? In the manuel i read that fires damages any and affects all industries. But what is any?

Speedysteve -> RE: Fires (8/10/2005 6:46:20 PM)

Hi,

Fire will not affect fortification level and effectivess at all.

It only affects the production aspect for Japan

Steven

Tullius -> RE: Fires (8/10/2005 6:52:19 PM)

Thanks. Then my BG`s will bomb the ports of Canton and Hongkong to damage 100 and my dive and torpedo bombers bombers from Swatow will care with all these APīs and Akīs. In some months i will try my luck with an attack again. I am waiting for the B29.

Speedysteve -> RE: Fires (8/10/2005 6:56:19 PM)

Yes. Bombing the Port and Airfields is a good way to prevent any further construction of fortifications since the engineers are busy repairing the port and airfield.

Tullius -> RE: Fires (8/10/2005 7:02:40 PM)

I will kill his supplies. He can provide supplies only with ships as i controll the streets and he has no supply route to a friendly city. But i controll the sea as i have Swatow. To my shame i have to admit i did not realize the importence of Swatow for 6 months. He has no trouble to provide the home islands with Oil as i attack every convoy from Palembang. Now i have airfields in Macassar, Tomini and Menando so Balikapan, Tarakan and even Brunei and PI are in my range.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI