RE: Crucial RAM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

ilovestrategy -> RE: Crucial RAM (8/16/2005 2:28:02 AM)

Thats a good point [X(]

Terminus -> RE: Crucial RAM (8/16/2005 2:32:13 AM)

Oh yeah... If you don't have an absolute need for it, you should always stay one or two generations behind the SOTA.

watchtower -> RE: Crucial RAM (8/16/2005 8:54:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Oh yeah... If you don't have an absolute need for it, you should always stay one or two generations behind the SOTA.

Whats the SOTA? I have a sofa is that the same? - I stay behind that when watching Dr Who.

watchtower -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/16/2005 9:02:21 PM)

quote:

Cooling
Thermaltake case
Zalman 6 Speed controler with led rpm
80mm Tornado 55CFM-110CFM exhast fan
1x80mm Exhast fan
2x 92mm side intakes
1x 120mm front intake

I'm thinking of getting one of these cases as reviews of it's cooling are very impressive any feedback on cases? I have been looking at a new sys for about 6 months as my AMD 1800 & Pro 9700 is creaking a bit.

Hate the looking and deciding what to go for - such a minefield ....won't go ATI cards again tho...jesus those drivers...aargh

Terminus -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/16/2005 9:04:01 PM)

SOTA = State Of The Art. Clever, eh?

rhondabrwn -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/17/2005 1:04:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: watchtower

quote:

Cooling
Thermaltake case
Zalman 6 Speed controler with led rpm
80mm Tornado 55CFM-110CFM exhast fan
1x80mm Exhast fan
2x 92mm side intakes
1x 120mm front intake

I'm thinking of getting one of these cases as reviews of it's cooling are very impressive any feedback on cases? I have been looking at a new sys for about 6 months as my AMD 1800 & Pro 9700 is creaking a bit.

Hate the looking and deciding what to go for - such a minefield ....won't go ATI cards again tho...jesus those drivers...aargh

I hear you about the ATI drivers! What a pain to install and update! I cringe every time I feel the need to upgrade to the latest version. It always screws up my 9700 AIW channel setting every time too!

Does anyone know if things are easer with their Express Cards? I'm getting ready to build a new 64 bit machine and haven't decided on a graphics card yet.

sabre100 -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/17/2005 1:47:17 AM)

I stay away from ATI, Nvidia is much better IMO and I love those cards, driver installs a piece of cake never had an issue with anything using NVIDIA Geforce cards

ilovestrategy -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/17/2005 2:05:26 AM)

I'll third that, when I played Star Wars Galaxies ATI gave lots of players tons of grief with driver issues. I'm Nvidia all the way.

DamoclesX -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/20/2005 2:32:46 AM)

I wont go ati again because my freaking 400$ x800 XL card just up and DIED on me.

Like come on, as if you shouldnt build SOMETHING into the card that tells it to cut out after x temp is reached

idiots.

6800 ultra OC for me (still running agp)

sabre100 -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/20/2005 6:41:16 AM)

Excellent choice, you wont regret Nvidia, been using them for the longest dont even remeber how long 5 years at least. But there cards are rock solid and excellent performance IMO.

DamoclesX -> RE: Pics of your workstation (8/20/2005 8:33:47 PM)

I hope so, I cant express how po'd I am right now about that, that x800 was FAST.

From all the reading I have done the x850XL can beat the bfgultra 6800 oc in most things, mind you its just a few frames, but, I have to be honest, after this experience I never again want to mess with ati cards.

Heck, tghe pos 9800 i'm using right now, I had to buy an aftermarket heatsink/exhast setup because it was overheating and freaking doing vpn lockups!

The bfg looks like it comes with one huge ass heatsink.

Cpu modding/ case modding, water cooling, even hdd modding I dont mind, but I hate working on vid cards, I have heard to many storys ab out people crushing the gpu by twisting down the heatsink to much.

The worst part is, right now i"m dying in photoshop with this card, the stuff I made with my x800 is SLOW as crap with my 9800.. its soo annoying.

And of course I dont have the coin right now to drop on a 600-750$(cad) 6800 ultra oc'd

aaaaiiiieeeeeeee lol

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI