disappearing entrenchments (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support

Embiss -> disappearing entrenchments (8/15/2005 11:10:23 PM)

In a scenario I have designed I have the WP dug in.

In the setup phase I dragged the entrenchment icons into place and they just vanished...they werent where I dragged them to, and they werent where I had dragged them from.

I have got this to work properly after a game restart, but the problem has resurfaced on a couple of occasions.

CapnDarwin -> RE: disappearing entrenchments (8/16/2005 12:12:21 AM)

Mark,

Thanks for the info. I'll check this out and tell Rob so he can look at it too. I know entrenchments will stay only if a unit is in them. They are not permanent objects.

Embiss -> RE: disappearing entrenchments (8/16/2005 12:33:17 AM)

Thanks Capn,
Yes, it was in the setup phase so it wasnt because I had moved the units out.

Embiss -> RE: disappearing entrenchments (8/16/2005 12:57:49 AM)

Dont know if this a related phenomena, Previously I had the setup areas arranged to cover the entire map for both sides.
I set minefields for the soviets.

Then I changed my mind and re-editted the scenario so that the setup areas were not overlapping.

On opening the scenario the soviet mine fields were visible to nato, although out of the Nato set up area. I dragged the minefields to the nato set up area (Just curious!!) and they disappeared. However, if I dragged more than one minefield onto a square I got the alert "Sir you cannot place that there"

So it looks like the game can see the minefields even if i cant!!

IronManBeta -> RE: disappearing entrenchments (8/16/2005 4:10:57 AM)

Thank you Embis for spotting this. I have worked on this area multiple times and I really thought I had it right but obviously not! It sounds like I should be able to reproduce your steps and figure out what is going on pretty quickly now.

Thanks for the report, cheers, Rob.

Later: I can't reproduce it yet. A silly question but you are using version 1.04 right? Do you have a saved game or scn file that illustrates this in any way? Did the improved positions disappear for NATO or the WP? Was there anything special about any of the other game parameters?

I'll keep digging around and checking.

Embiss -> RE: disappearing entrenchments (8/16/2005 12:43:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertCrandall

you are using version 1.04 right?

Yes ver 1.04
quote:

Do you have a saved game or scn file that illustrates this in any way?

You should now have an email with original scenario file, a save game file, and a more detailed explanation. In this case it was disappearing minefields, but thats probably the same/similar issue i guess.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI