Colonial Oddities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Culiacan Mexico -> Colonial Oddities (8/22/2005 10:28:04 AM)

Colonial Oddities.

Playing as Prussia 1792 I am in need of Allies and that many of the major players are very willing to agree, so much so that I have started to ask for a little bit extra from them (Britain, Spain, and Turkey)… specifically, some colonies; and while they are generally willing to oblige, the result is not what I expected.

After Britain agree to grant me 20 of there colonies, I find my Colonial Income increase 20; but I also find my Taxes go down by 20. Giving me a net change of '0'. This seems odd.

--------------------------

7.5 Colonies
Colonies are off-map holdings of land owned by a nation. Each nation has a certain number of colonies. Each colony provides one income of Money and 1/10th of a Spice each turn. Blockading a nation’s ports reduces its income from colonies. A nation that controls Egypt reduces the colonial income of all its enemies by 50%. Colonies can be traded to other nations with the Transfer Colonies treaty clause. Colonies are also useful for a nation attempting to acquire or maintain imperial status.

arnoldyim -> RE: Colonial Oddities (8/22/2005 11:22:54 AM)

Yah, that happens, and I have no idea why. One time as Sweden I bought 100 colonies off of Britain, Spain, Turkey, and France. My taxes plummeted. I do not know if it was a 1:1 ratio like yours, but it was dang noticeable. If it is 1:1, at least the colonies give empire points and spices, whereas taxes don't, so they are still worth it. . .

ericbabe -> RE: Colonial Oddities (8/22/2005 5:04:36 PM)

You may be near the waste threshold.

This is something we're tweaking in the new patch or two to be not quite as severe as it is now.

Culiacan Mexico -> RE: Colonial Oddities (8/23/2005 6:56:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

You may be near the waste threshold.

This is something we're tweaking in the new patch or two to be not quite as severe as it is now.

Perhaps, but I generally offer Britain an alliance on turn one of 1792 (they accept on turn two)… this is when Prussia is at its economically smallest.

I have checked waste and found no indication that the money is disappearing there. It seems odd.

Ralegh -> RE: Colonial Oddities (8/24/2005 5:16:38 AM)

I've never noticed this, but wasn't looking for it. I will make sure I carefully test this situation with the beta, and if there is a bug get Eric to fix it. Thanks for bringing this oddity to our attention!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI