RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Gem35 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 6:46:37 PM)

i need a siut of armor for a meeting, know i'm gonna take a beating, understaffed, and my department's in a crunch budget has become a hassle, boss is ripping me a new ***hole says he wants an answer on his desk before lunch ...

afternoon, things don't look better, phone machine is breaking records five hundred messages from who knows where staying late 'cause i'm a beginner, call my girlfriend, cancel dinner says she thinks i'm having an office affair ...

mc3744 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 7:00:07 PM)

[:D]

Have fun [;)]

treespider -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 7:06:51 PM)

It is kind of quiet considering the discussion about Pot pie and Sheppards pie in the What What What thread...

treespider -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 7:07:51 PM)

My chinese change list for CHS should create a firestorm however...lets keep our fingers crossed!

captskillet -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 8:29:39 PM)

quote:

heat indices in the 110's for the past three weeks, and I live near salt water marshes. Humidity is nearly as outrageous as the sand gnats.

Amen Rev....104 with 60% humidity here in Louisiana (northwest) yesterday....when your this close to the Gulf of Mexico (or Atlantic) it just pumps that humidity up at you this time of year. We haven't got the sand gnats....its the deer flies here, they will bite the living s**t out of your hot sweaty self!!!!! [:D]

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 9:41:17 PM)

I'm unemployed at the moment, so lots of WITP forum time for me. [8D]

As far as all the hot weather complaints, no issues here on the coast in the San Francisco area, weather is always nice. However, seeing the Iowa get chased away really bummed me out.

testarossa -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/24/2005 10:31:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg
However, seeing the Iowa get chased away really bummed me out.

Yea, something about warmongering Navy that doesn’t like gays or something?

Halsey -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 12:07:44 AM)

It's quiet because most questions related to this game have been answered a gozillion times in previous postings.[:D]

As it stands now, only a few bugs still need to be addressed by the designers.
See! I am an optimist Terminus.[;)]

Terminus -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 12:11:15 AM)

A silly person is what you are, but I just got back from a round of excessive drinking on a Wednesday, so what's that make me?[8D]

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 1:41:33 AM)

An alcoholic? [;)]

Terminus -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 1:46:03 AM)

No, alcoholics drink alone... I was actually in the company of some good people, among them an Irish fellow by the name of Keith, who seems to have made it his life's mission to single-handedly prove the stereotypes about Irish people and drinking.[:D]

RUPD3658 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 3:27:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

No, alcoholics drink alone... I was actually in the company of some good people, among them an Irish fellow by the name of Keith, who seems to have made it his life's mission to single-handedly prove the stereotypes about Irish people and drinking.[:D]

To live up to the stereotype he would have to start a fight after drinking[:)]

Also, he would have to make some philisophical statement that made no sence claiming that it was an oldIrish saying such as: "May the bullfrog never be in your transmission" or "May ye' always have a weedwacker in the rain"[&:]

Gem35 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 4:05:02 AM)

I drink alone, yeaaaaaaaa with nobody else..[8D] just me and my good buddy weiser.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 8:04:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

It's quiet because most questions related to this game have been answered a gozillion times in previous postings.[:D]

Well, I just bought UV($30 for a game this detailed is pretty good) and WiTP will be coming soon(in a week or so) so the questions are gonna start again!!!!!!!! UV has me stumped though, trying to figure out how to stock my bases with oil and all that stuff...

Bodhi -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 8:12:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy
UV has me stumped though, trying to figure out how to stock my bases with oil and all that stuff...

That will have you stumped: there's no oil in UV. Looks like you've been spending too much time in this forum. [:D]

ilovestrategy -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 8:24:54 AM)

doh!!!! [:D] but i still have to ferry supplies right? Thats the part thats got me stumped, in a week though i'll be playing WiTP. Man, I hope I can learn that [:D]

bradfordkay -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 9:44:48 AM)

You still have fuel and supplies to haul about in UV. You'll want to use your TKs and AOs to haul the fuel to places where ships will need it (generally your larger ports, but also any port where you might base PTs). All ships run on fuel, but nothing else does. Supplies will be for your land and air forces, and is usually hauled by AKs. APs can also haul it, but are more valuable for hauling troops. You can create Fast Transport TFs of ships with over 24kt (20? 21?) speed (usually APDs, DDs, CLs and CAs) to get supplies into bases under heavy enemy air threat (FT TFs will go in, unload and withdraw at night so they are less vulnerable to air strikes - but they also haul a lot less cargo or troops).

You can set Transport TFs to constant suppply between any two friendly bases, but this is best done between rear bases. In the early going of any scenario, I would recommend handling all supply yourself, just to become more familiar with what is happening. Logistics are the key to UV/WITP. If you don't get the fuel and supplies to your units, they aren't going to perform for you.

I hope that this helps.

Halsey -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 1:55:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

quote:

Well, I just bought UV($30 for a game this detailed is pretty good) and WiTP will be coming soon(in a week or so) so the questions are gonna start again!!!!!!!! UV has me stumped though, trying to figure out how to stock my bases with oil and all that stuff...

If the search feature worked properly on this forum, it would be easy to find the answers to a lot of questions.
Maybe that should be listed in the support thread.[:D]

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 2:04:51 PM)

Far too logical Halsey, far too logical [:D]

Halsey -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 11:47:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Far too logical Halsey, far too logical [:D]

[:D][:D][:D]

Terminus -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/25/2005 11:48:17 PM)

Logic? We don't need no steenking logic![8D]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 12:07:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc3744

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Oh you mean by holiday 'vacation'........most American also vacation in the summer.schools out here generally from end of May till middle of August.

How come my boss in Silicon Valley is never on holiday?!? [&:]

Tell him that! Please [;)]

probably the same silicon valley boss that cancelled my vacation this summer [:@]...these evil grinches think the end of the fiscal year = work harder. corporate logic at it's best...build less in sept to reduce inventory to make the books look better for year end, then work like dogs in october to build it back up...idiots...[:-]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 12:10:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

alcoholics drink alone? *shuffles feet uncomfortably* anyone up for a pint?

Speedysteve -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 12:35:42 AM)

[:D]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 3:15:27 AM)

Yes it has slowed down some, but I think it will pick back up. Holidays, school, FOOOOOOOOTBALLLLL -College FOOOOOOOOTBBBALL "Love it"[:D]

Bodhi -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 3:18:57 AM)

quote:

If the search feature worked properly on this forum, it would be easy to find the answers to a lot of questions.

Somebody just needs to hack into the query so that it doesn't timeout after 30 seconds.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 3:59:40 AM)

Wow, UV is so much different than Grigsby's World at War.Thanks for explaining the supply system! If I can master a game as advanced as Starfleet Battles(board game from the 80's) I can learn this [:D]

Halsey -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/26/2005 10:14:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bodhi

quote:

Any volunteers?[:D]

Somebody just needs to hack into the query so that it doesn't timeout after 30 seconds.

Sharkosaurus rex -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/27/2005 11:01:37 AM)

Was that a pin dropping?

Terminus -> RE: Quiet...the awful quiet (8/27/2005 12:19:41 PM)

*dink!*

Sure sounded like one...

Hello?

ello?

ello?

...?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI