max football made the news again (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

wheeljack12 -> max football made the news again (8/24/2005 11:20:59 PM)

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/maximum-football/644124p1.html

CPTBrown -> RE: max football made the news again (8/24/2005 11:55:14 PM)

Okay, seriously. The preseason has begun, Gencon got to see MF and wrote a kick @$$ review, Matrix just announced another sports franchise (check out Puresim baseball, you won't be disappointed) and my Detroit Lions are enjoying there annual "this is our breakout year" media blitz...and David went and GOT MARRIED! I'm dying for MF to come out! And, oh yeah, congratulations David.[;)]

David Winter -> RE: max football made the news again (8/25/2005 1:45:34 AM)

Ohh pretty neat.. didn't know that was coming.

one clarification..

quote:

There's also a free agent drafting system and basic player salary and contract information.

The game does not have any salary negotiation or contract information built in. Although the DB fields are there for that that want to build it.

OrionX -> RE: max football made the news again (8/25/2005 6:34:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

one clarification..

quote:

There's also a free agent drafting system and basic player salary and contract information.

The game does not have any salary negotiation or contract information built in. Although the DB fields are there for that that want to build it.

Would you consider the task in making such a utility to be hard? I mean, although the article says MF is pretty wide open - does utilities fall into that catagory? I assume that they do but I wasn't sure if the article mostly meant mods such as unis and such.

Ryan Buick -> RE: max football made the news again (8/25/2005 10:48:28 AM)

quote:

16 different elements like height, weight, age, and general attitude

How does attitude work? Does it mean that for example a WR with a poor attitude *cough*Randy Moss*cough* then he won't be inclined to do very much run-blocking?

afdave -> RE: max football made the news again (8/25/2005 4:55:12 PM)

. Players can change the number of downs, move the goalposts and change their size

Was this just false information Dave, or have you added the ability to have the narrower indoor goalposts?

David Winter -> RE: max football made the news again (8/25/2005 8:20:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: afdave

. Players can change the number of downs, move the goalposts and change their size

Was this just false information Dave, or have you added the ability to have the narrower indoor goalposts?

That's incorrect as well. I use typical goal posts for all types of football.

OrionX -> RE: max football made the news again (8/25/2005 9:55:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OrionX

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

one clarification..

quote:

Would you consider the task in making such a utility to be hard? I mean, although the article says MF is pretty wide open - does utilities fall into that catagory? I assume that they do but I wasn't sure if the article mostly meant mods such as unis and such.

sorry double post. [:o]

JosephL -> RE: max football made the news again (8/27/2005 4:02:21 AM)

This came from a verbal interview with me. I don't recall saying any of the incorrect things but I think the writer made assumptions based on what I said. It's not far from being accurate when I was trying to describe that "everything" was editable. I was talking about moving the goalposts from behind to in front of the touchdown line (that is possible, as I recall).

Not sure where salaries came into it, I didn't say anything about that :)

-Joe

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI