Yamato sunk by stringbags (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Martti -> Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 2:11:58 AM)

The mighty Yamato has just been sunk by british swordfish bombers operating from Indomitable, Illustrious and Formidable. The giant took eight torpedoes before rolling over in the morning of 13.9.1942. Total allied losses in the operation: 4 swordfish planes (3 by flak, 1 ops loss) and one fulmar (ops loss).

[image]http://koti.mbnet.fi/~zombie/WITPYamato.PNG[/image]

marky -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 2:47:47 AM)

nice raid

i sunk Mutsu at Truk with 3 torps

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 2:49:09 AM)

Hi,

Where did this take place? By the look of the date, I guess SE Asia/India. Nevertheless, job well done[;)].. Yamato is always harder to get compared its sister Musashi.. just like Hiei sinks like paper compered to Kongo and Haruna.. modelled historically?

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 2:59:10 AM)

Hi Marky,

About the game offer, I would still prefer to play the grand game. Saw that you are upgrading AB's stuff[:D]. You are right.. grand scenario takes lots and lots of effort. I hope to finish my AI game this weekend if not next week. Sorry to hear about your computer[;)]About your girl friend, time will heal and try to be with friends .. who knows [:)]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:03:45 AM)

Hi,

Just curious, how did you manage to attach the picture of Yamato being attacked? Take photo and cut it to size? I tried but my photos are just too big... 900 kb so it won't upload..[:(]Thanks

Martti -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:20:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: patrickl

Hi,

Where did this take place? By the look of the date, I guess SE Asia/India. Nevertheless, job well done[;)].. Yamato is always harder to get compared its sister Musashi.. just like Hiei sinks like paper compered to Kongo and Haruna.. modelled historically?

Actually near Hong Kong. Thanks to the AI's mistakes and very passive play South China Sea is now mostly under allied control. The carriers were based in Manila before this raid. I think something went wrong with the AI algorithms in this game: the AI failed capture Singapore, Philippines, DEI or Rangoon. In China the AI has not make a single attempt to attack but simply sits tight.

Presently I have recaptured Malaya and destroyed the japanese troops sieging Singapore; destroyed most of the japanese troops in Philippines; I have a land supply route from Burma to China via Bangkok and Hanoi and I have isolated the japanese garrisons in Saigon and Camrahn Bay. The japanese have also took heavy air losses and I have sunk over half of the Kido Butai.

The pictures are not attached but are hosted elsewhere and simply linked here; thus the normal size limits do not apply.

Situation map:

[image]http://koti.mbnet.fi/~zombie/WITPMap2.PNG[/image]

cookie monster -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:26:29 AM)

use this

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=83728

Its great

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:27:44 AM)

Hi Martti,

Your game.. that is going to be an easy game. Yeah, once in a while the AI takes a holiday. Time to march to Tokyo[sm=00000106.gif]. Good luck and don't forget to LRCAP your carriers[:D]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:31:16 AM)

Hi cookie monster,

Thanks alot pal. [:D] Now where is my camera...[:@]Thanks alot once again. You deserve many cookies. Cheers[;)]

Feinder -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:39:00 AM)

This thread has my official stamp of approval.

WTG Fleet Air Arm!
-F-

rogueusmc -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:42:08 AM)

Camara?...use the 'print screen' button on your keyboard.

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:46:13 AM)

Hi rogueusmc,

What?. Huh?..Print Screen... Man, I sure got lots to learn. [:D]Thanks alot[;)]Told myself a number of times need solid food[:-]

marky -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 3:50:18 AM)

print screen button to the right of ur F2,3,10 buttons[:'(]

ya NOOOOOOOB[:'(]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 4:35:03 AM)

Hi marky,

Roger Print Screen... now I have to buy colour ink cartridges.. need to make a trip downtown.. excuse to shop for new games[:D]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 4:41:11 AM)

Hi marky again,

hold it... Just check the internet.. print screen and then paste it on word document...[:'(]

marky -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 4:45:08 AM)

huh?

[:'(]

lol

speaka english![:D]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 4:55:42 AM)

Hi marky,

I was just too excited.[:)] Just want to reply as soon as possible[:D]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 5:08:33 AM)

Hi,

Just attach my screen!![:D][:D]

[image]local://upfiles/6882/E9F05AA684B24224A4B0603E6DA23E3C.jpg[/image]

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 5:10:29 AM)

Yahoo!! Thanks everyone[sm=00001746.gif]

mogami -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 5:47:37 AM)

Hi, After you paste your screen shot you can then "cut" a portion of that and paste to a new file so you don't have to post really large attachments.

patrickl -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 6:17:13 AM)

Hi Mogami,

Thanks for advice. I will try. I am still trying out the features. [;)]

Herrbear -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 10:04:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

use this

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=83728

Its great

Thank you for the link.

cookie monster -> RE: Yamato sunk by stringbags (8/27/2005 10:52:32 PM)

Well the beauty of it is you can take a picture around every second without having to leave WitP. Makes taking pictures easy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI